Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Fatboy with a Chrome front brake master cylinder that has failed at 9500 miles the dealer says that it is pitted inside and a seal kit wont cure it,the problem is that the front brake comes on its own and then locks up the front wheel, really dangerous has anyone else out there experienced this problem and are chrome master cylinders more prone to this problem??:feedback:

·
Poser Member # 99
17,163 Posts
Is your dryer vent piped into storage area of the bike

check ebay or Jpcycles for a new one and replace it and bleead the hell out out of the system use a d0t 5 brake fluid and check it a couple times a year and keep full if things sweat in your garage it's probally condinsation

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that we have had some shitty weather here in England this winter so I guess condensation in the garage could have caused it.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,511 Posts

·
Turgid Member
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I am at a loss as to how pitting in the MC could randomly create an issue that causes enough pressure to the brake lines to randomly lock up the wheel?

Any hypothesis is welcomed.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
I think that if your "brakes come on on their own" You've got a deeper issue.Waaayy Deeper.... I'd still read the "Dryer vent thread" though,If I were you.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
You did it didn't you? I know you feel shameful, maybe even naked, exposed, and a little slutty, but you did it didn't you?

You read the whole thing!

Your life is forever changed!
And you've lost several I.Q. points along the way...:rollin

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts

·
Banned
853 Posts
I have a 2009 Fatboy with a Chrome front brake master cylinder that has failed at 9500 miles the dealer says that it is pitted inside and a seal kit wont cure it,the problem is that the front brake comes on its own and then locks up the front wheel, really dangerous has anyone else out there experienced this problem and are chrome master cylinders more prone to this problem??:feedback:
I had this problem on a '76 Honda. Original MC went out and the front brake would lock up occasionally. It was over 30 years old, though, so I wasn't too bummed. Replaced it with little effort. I think Harley needs to up their game with quality. 3 years for a master cylinder? That seems kinda sh!tty.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts