Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2010 Ultra Limited and all of you with this model know what a pain in the butt it is to clean or polish the rear wheel...at any rate I've done it more than a few times....yesterday went to give the bike a good wash down and polish...got to keep it looking sweet ya know...anyway got to polishing the back wheel and noticed the chrome pealing off the spoke section of the wheel...live in the NE...always have the bike garaged or covered when doing a over nighter...never rode while roads had salt residue or grits during the winter/ spring months...I know ya can't see the back wheel but if your like me and meticulous about keeping bike in tip top shape it's making me nuts...anyone else experience this...? Go pull off your saddle bags and check it out...any feedback greatly appreciated...

·
Yea, real tough guy.
194 Posts
Having the same happening in my 2011 Ultra Limited. Next time I'm at the dealer I'll mention it to them. I would think it's a warranty item? (Bought the tire and wheel warranty.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder how wide spread this problem is...I don't have tire or wheel warranty...also plan on talking to dealer...I do allot with them we'll see what happens...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Chrome over aluminum isn't very durable.

looks nice but after awhile, the chrome starts lifting from the aluminum. Then come air leaks, usually in the lip of the wheel/bead area.

Kinda surprised your having issues this early unless you have a lot of miles.

Changing tires can also damage the chrome plating at the bead area if they do not have the right kinds of tools

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.