Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While everybody is watching the 2nd amendment plays like a hawk, the house passed CISPA last week. Might as well let motorcycle.com hand over your names and emails right now. How is it that Republicans are for this?

Maybe somebody here can educate me on this...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
I might have a comment on this once I google what CISPA is, which in and of itself is a little scary because I apparently have never heard of it and it is either already passed, or is in danger of passing.

More to follow?....

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,364 Posts
When you read about it, CISPA sounds innocent enough, but I can see where it has potential to be misused aginst us. Still need to find a copy of the text of the bill to figure out what they're really trying to do.

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
OK, found it.

CISPA 2.0 (HR 624) - 2013 Bill Text

Yep. This bill needs to go by the wayside. Basically, the government gets to recieve any and all cyber information that it wants (self determined "need" without oversight) and is not held accountable for it's actions with regards to use or if such information is "lost" or "stolen" (good faith clause).

What it kind of boils down to is that they can spy on you at will without warrant or reason and use that information against you as they see fit and are not held accountable under for their actions.

Remember how I said they would destroy this country one Amendment at a time?......2nd is sliding, 4th is on the precipice and ready for a small push.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
All in the name of keeping us safe.

How about lay off our guns and we won't be to hard to protect.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It's going to get worse. he knows he can't get control without getting the guns. the only way he can get them now is by Marshall law. we just had two test runs to see how people would react.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw mention of this yesterday and its another one of those where they try to do something to fix something but fail to go to the root of the problem. typical gubment bull.

I also saw this site and clicked a link that shoots a form letter to my senators. (like it will do much, but what the hell...)
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/02/cispa-privacy-invading-cybersecurity-spying-bill-back-congress
CISPA essentially equates greater cybersecurity with greater surveillance and information sharing. But many of our cybersecurity problems arise from software vulnerabilities and human failings, issues CISPA fails to address.
I was also reading the FAQ on that site, and the definitions can be applied to anything based on interpretation (how my paranoid mind reads it).
https://www.eff.org/cybersecurity-bill-faq#uses

·
Banned
853 Posts
All in the name of keeping us safe.

How about lay off our guns and we won't be to hard to protect.
Yup!

As my favorite American ever, Ben Franklin, said,
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Yup!

As my favorite American ever, Ben Franklin, said,
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."
Ok, so you feel this way, but you are for gun control, and you think that the Democratic party is the best option? HOW? If you think this way, you are conservative, and in which case you should not be sticking yourself in the DemoShat party with all the crazy liberals and radical left-wingists...

Just my thoughts for the day...

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Ok, so you feel this way, but you are for gun control, and you think that the Democratic party is the best option? HOW? If you think this way, you are conservative, and in which case you should not be sticking yourself in the DemoShat party with all the crazy liberals and radical left-wingists...

We don't need to be labeling people, bam-bam. I'm a pretty conservative cat, but there are a couple key issues that I am 180 degrees from the conservative position.

·
Banned
853 Posts

I never said I was for gun control. I own guns. I used to be a Lifetime Member of the NRA.

Regardless, none of these issues are B&W, brother.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

Maybe we don't need to label, but when I think of conservative, I think of the 2nd, smaller goverment and fiscal responsability as key issues. For someone to be so absolutely against the right, then say they are pro gun, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.... but hey, thats just me.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Maybe we don't need to label, but when I think of conservative, I think of the 2nd, smaller goverment and fiscal responsability as key issues. For someone to be so absolutely against the right, then say they are pro gun, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.... but hey, thats just me.
Thank you! That's all I was saying.... I wasn't labeling anyone.

·
Banned
853 Posts
It's called being moderate. I'm conservative on a lot of issues, but you'd consider me "liberal" on a lot of others. It's funny, here in L.A., people think I'm conservative.

:blahblah::blahblah:

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Yeah, b/c Kommiefornia is a f*cked up ass-backward sick place to live. With screwed up progressive ideals. Not to mention all the homosexuals running around everywhere.

Been there once, the weather was incredible, but not nice enough to ever feel the need to go back. I stayed physically sick most of the trip from seeing all the men holding holds, and making out in public.... Ughhh! Makes me sick just from thinking about seeing it. If that's your thing, by all-means, do your thing.....But do it behind closed doors.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I would venture that none or nearly none of us are strictly conservative or strictly liberal. I would guess that most fall somewhere between the two. I always thought I was a liberal, because I am very live and let live, do your own thing as long as its not hurting anyone. Turns out I am much more of a conservative than I thought, although I don't follow the conservative thoughts 100%. Labels can sometimes seem to put us at odds with our beliefs. Just random thoughts.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I would venture that none or nearly none of us are strictly conservative or strictly liberal. I would guess that most fall somewhere between the two. I always thought I was a liberal, because I am very live and let live, do your own thing as long as its not hurting anyone. Turns out I am much more of a conservative than I thought, although I don't follow the conservative thoughts 100%. Labels can sometimes seem to put us at odds with our beliefs. Just random thoughts.
I agree...I think a bit outside the "conservative republican" box on some things. But for the most part, I'm right-wing all the way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Yeah, b/c Kommiefornia is a f*cked up ass-backward sick place to live. With screwed up progressive ideals. Not to mention all the homosexuals running around everywhere.

Been there once, the weather was incredible, but not nice enough to ever feel the need to go back. I stayed physically sick most of the trip from seeing all the men holding holds, and making out in public.... Ughhh! Makes me sick just from thinking about seeing it. If that's your thing, by all-means, do your thing.....But do it behind closed doors.
This post is awesome. I spat when I read it. Way to keep the peace, Bama! :rollin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts