Harley Davidson Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 1289 Posts

·
old scoot coot
2,770 Posts
That Charger/Ford does handle pretty good. Miss that unique sound of a MOPAR starter cranking up their V-8's. :frown

https://youtu.be/DuiNza3Rz6U?t=239
those were gear reduction starters used only by chrysler corp. those things were bullit proof, they just did not wear out. they were even used on the slant six engines and all the v8s for many many years. the solenoids would wear out after many years of use. there was an inexpensive solenoid repair kit that would put them back in service. the most reliable and long lasting starter motors any us car mfgr ever used. those things would crank up a 1340 cid 600hp pratt whitney radial engine if you could figure out a way to bolt her up.:smile

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
Blondie in back seat.. What car? Where what.....???

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
For over a decade Chrysler A/C systems would fail after a few years. 90's And the trucks after 2000 the dash would crack and fall apart.
Was that the ones with the compressors that looked like a V2 motor? Maybe I was just lucky with my 68 Charger then.

·
Retired citizen
22,097 Posts
Mopars were always rust buckets. Fuel lines, AC lines, brake lines, fenders, doors, frames, etc... My '49 Dodge didn't have a bit of rust on it but ya couldn't tell cause it was painted rust brown ! My '97 Dodge Ram on the other hand (83k on the clock) is rusted beyond restoration ! It's got collector plates on it now, transfered from my '68 Nova.

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
Ford vs Ferrari great movie. Follows the real history of Ford wanting to beat Ferrari at Le Mans. Typical guy stuff humor sprinkled thru it. Miles & Shelby have a fist fight, Shelby steals Ferrari teams stop watches during the race, Shelby reduces Henry Ford II to tears during a test drive. No PC BS added to change history.

[ame]https://youtu.be/RcoQMB9Xm_8?t=20[/ame]

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Did you go see it?

I was debating on going to the theater to see it... I know I'll probably buy the DVD. :nod

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
Did you go see it?

I was debating on going to the theater to see it... I know I'll probably buy the DVD. :nod
Yep we went to see it. Great photography, Bale owned the part. Same here for DVD.

1221 - 1240 of 1289 Posts