Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this area becomes popular we can split the classics into sub groups.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Something I miss is a group of classics cruising together. I mean actually make a rally in a group. When I go to a large gathering of bikes I look for the classics and they just don't get out much. I don't know of anyone that rides a classic near my home so mine will sit a lot. The new bikes can cruise a lot better at high speeds than the pre-evos. I have a 1972 Super Glide that I bought brand new in 1972. Maybe I'll figure out how to post a picture. So does anyone know of people that meet somewhere to ride the classics to like maybe Sturgis or Daytona?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Hank... Don't know of any group gathering to ride their classic bikes to a rally. Perhaps you can search via Google. Do know I (And probably others) would get a kick out of seeing an image of your '72. If you can take a digital cam pic of it and place it on your hard drive, click the button "Manage Attachments" at the bottom as you reply, and use the options to browse for and upload/attach you image. Ask if any questions. Here to help.

Steve

·
Registered
42,939 Posts
Something I miss is a group of classics cruising together. I mean actually make a rally in a group. When I go to a large gathering of bikes I look for the classics and they just don't get out much. I don't know of anyone that rides a classic near my home so mine will sit a lot. The new bikes can cruise a lot better at high speeds than the pre-evos. I have a 1972 Super Glide that I bought brand new in 1972. Maybe I'll figure out how to post a picture. So does anyone know of people that meet somewhere to ride the classics to like maybe Sturgis or Daytona?

We have a rally in Marquette KS that several vintage bikes can be seen at the Thunder on the Smokey Rally....

Saw a few Flatheads there too, but the battery died on my cell phone before I could get some pics... Next year I will try to bring my real camera there.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Can someone explain how you are putting pictures in this space?
On the gray bar under Harley-DavidsonForums with the folder next to it click on Gallery. Then on the second light gray row click on Upload. Then go to Browse and load the image from your computer. Enter a title and then choose Harley-DavidsonForums as the category. Fill in a description and key words if you want. Then click Submit.
Once the image is uploaded right click it and choose Copy Image Location. Go to the thread where you want to post a picture. Click
. (The process that follows ALSO applies when you are starting a New Thread.) Then go to the yellow and black icon above
and click it. In the dialogue box that pops up paste the location you copied for the image and click ok.

If the image is not on your computer, but is on the web somewhere then right click the image, copy the image location and go to the thread where you want to post a picture. Go to the thread where you want to post a picture. Click
. (The process that follows ALSO applies when you are starting a New Thread.) Then go to the yellow and black icon above
and click it. In the dialogue box that pops up paste the location you copied for the image and click ok.

These same processes can be used by filling out the Quick Reply box at the end of a thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unsuccessful

DiamondLil, I followed your instruction through Copy Image Location. You can see it in the Gallery, but I am not able to get the image from the Gallery to the thread. When I choose Reply to Thread the image does not insert. What am I missing?

·
BatRod
502 Posts
DiamondLil, I followed your instruction through Copy Image Location. You can see it in the Gallery, but I am not able to get the image from the Gallery to the thread. When I choose Reply to Thread the image does not insert. What am I missing?
Here ya go!

I did exactly what she said....

Nice bike, btw.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Look at my original post. I tried to make it more clear. See if that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Still Unsuccessful

I was clicking on post reply. From your instructions I am not sure if I am to use the yellow and black icon. I read the instructions to say that everything from the first set of brackets where you say "The process that follows applies when you are starting a new thread" does not apply to what I am doing and the remaining instructions are not applicable. I did try to use that yellow and black icon, however. It asks for a URL that simply gets pasted as a text in this white box.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
1. Once the image is uploaded to your gallery right click it and choose Copy Image Location.
2. Go to the thread where you want to post a picture. Click
3. Then go to the yellow and black icon above
and click it.
3. In the dialogue box that pops up paste the location you copied for the image and click ok. That location that you copied should read as follows: http://www.harley-davidsonforums.co...nsurance_photo_for_superglide_004-cropped.jpg
You will paste that URL into the the dialogue box that pops up and looks like this with "http://" highlighted. If it is not, then delete it and paste in the URL you copied.

4. Click
in the dialogue box and then click Preview Post below the icons.
5. You should see the picture from your gallery. If you do, then click Submit Reply

·
Registered
19 Posts
1972 Fx

Here is a pic of my FX. I bought this bike brand new from an HD dealership in 1972. The cost was about $2100. It is an AMF model but I never had any trouble with it.

Daniii, thanks for the kind words.

DiamondLil, thanks for your patience. Earlier if I had clicked on preview I would have known that I had it. Thanks again. :D

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.