Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have too many other obligations, and too many cars and bikes
to love doing the cosmetic maintenance on them.

I have recently re-discovered a cleaner/wax/polish product that I love and recommend most highly.
I'm sure you could spend more money and a lot more time and effort, and get better results or deeper finish,
but I don't think you can get better results from nothing more than a regular quick damp cloth wipedown.

The stuff is called Klasse, imported from Germany, it's apparently some kind of acrylic compound.
The instructions say put a very small quantity in a small bucket of water for washing,
surely less than a teaspoon in a gallon of water, but on the rare occasion that the bike
really needs a wash, like if I rode in the rain, I use a pressure washer.

The key process I find most amazing is to put 2 drops on a soft damp cloth,
try to get it evenly distributed, even better if you put the cloth in a ziplock bag and
don't use it till the next day, and just wipe the bike off lightly.

This pocket sized packet becomes the ideal portable bike beautification habit, I keep
it in my riding jacket and wipe the bike off at least a little almost every time I park it.

Works great on the chrome, paint, aluminum, and it does an especially good job
on hazy windshields and helmet visors. And eyeglasses.
I never even wipe with a dry rag afterwards, if you use enough to leave any haze,
you've used way too much.

When the rag is starting to need throwing away, I use it on the wheels, I'm thinking this stuff
just may be about the best preservative there is for bare cast aluminum wheels as well.

If you wipe your bike down this way once a month or more,
you'll never know how long it takes to dull the shine,
cause you'll never ever see it dull.

It's about $15 for about a pint, I've never emptied a container, but beware,
the thin plastic container can break if you drop it just right.
A damn shame on stuff this good that should last almost forever.

Works just as well on cars of course.
Froogled up a pix...

Attachments

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure. At least how I found it again.

Just go to Google's product search engine and search for Klasse.

http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DMUS_enUS207US207&q=Klasse

I think the first vendor up is the one I used.

I just bought a larger size jug of the primary stuff,
in the red jug, they call it "All in One",
and a smaller jug of their "Glaze" which I have never used.
If it makes the finish better than the "All in One" I'll be amazed.

I figure between my car and my wife's car and the 2 bikes,
I need to be keeping stocked up in this stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Second this post

Its all I use this stuff is amazing & it is not just for detailing. It will remove bugs & cleans the plexi windshields. No paste as its not a wax so you apply a small amount and remove with a clean (I use microfiber) cloth. There is no better.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Is this a sign? I am just about to head out to the auto parts store to buy some wax for my car. I'm a big fan of carnuba wax but maybe I'll give it a shot.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And here's the weirdest endorsement on the stuff yet.
My eyeglasses are not perfect any longer, no matter how clean I wipe them, with any type of cleaner or hot water and a drop of dish soap, the minor irregularities and even some annoying odd rainbow looking imperfections, I think some coating is wearing off.

Anyway, I have a microfiber cloth that I have used for this polish, kept it damp in a plastic bag until it molded, so I washed it and put them back in the pile. Amazing, that washed cloth, completely dry, will make my sad looking glasses look as perfect as the day they were new, and that's not just to say they're clean, they are being polished and "perfectified" by the residual polish in the cloth.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Dri Wash 'N Guard

At a rally these guys were set up with a booth and they would detail your bike for you. You were not obligated to buy it - but once you saw the product used - you bought it.

Dri wash N Guard - [email protected]

This stuff is amazing. It takes any of the iodized spots off your chrome. Any bugs, grease, tar or road grime wipes right off. The most amazing thing I found - was that you can use it on your windshield and mirrors - They never fog up. You can move your mirrors and not get a single smudge. You can wipe your finger across your windshield or mirrors and it won't even leave a streak. Same with your chrome. You can touch it and no finger prints are left behind. Spoke wheels - you can spray (Dri wash) on your spokes and use a soft brush to take this stuff off and your spokes look like new and you don't have that permanent finger cramp from wiping each spoke. It is amazing stuff.

Something I tried and really found it to be a great product. :thumb

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have used this stuff for several years- quick, easy, and puts down a pretty good shine. Use it on everything, no residue - "try it, you'll like it" (I get it at Camping World, but I've seen it all over).

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I wanna know what tehy're using at the harley dealer in Houston... I swear, Baby was never EVER that clean... I felt bad, cuz I still had a thousand miles to ride back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts