Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys...and other ladies of course...Rob is out of town for a couple of days, and I want to clean the bikes REALLY good, for when he comes back!! It's supposed to be BEAUTIFUL weather here this weekend, so we will be on the bikes for sure!!!

Please note- He has a VRSCA, and I have a Sporty...he has LOTS of chrome, and I have some....so I'm going to list what I'm looking for...and if you can write back with suggestions, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! Also, can you let me know a good place to get the items?!? Thanks SO much in advance!!

1) A Good Cleaner to spray on the fenders, airbox, and frames (detailing spray maybe)

2) A Good Polish for ALL Chrome parts (cfr pipe, se II pipes, master cylinders, grips, etc...

3) A REALLY GOOD leather cleaner/moisturizer for his CFR Seat, and my Corbin seat (I've heard of Neatsfoot..is it really the best..and where can I get it)

4) Rob has HOGPRO Chrome Wheels on his bike (Lemans)...and I wondered if there is a really good Wheel cleaner out there, that I can use on his wheels, and then should I use the Chome Cleaner you suggest ontop of that?!?!?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Amy, I use Whambam on my bike, its a really good cleaner/detailer that works without water. http://www.whambamusa.com/
Bad news is, it's mail or internet order. However I have used the Harley wash,cleaner, polish sample kits from my dealer and they seem to work pretty good.
Ed

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Wow... Is he worthy of you :)?

Good suggestion above and it keeps it simple. Can find a good chrome polisher, wax, tire cleaner, leather conditioner... all at the H-D dealer, and they sometimes have a kit, sometimes trial size, at the dealer.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow... Is he worthy of you :)?

Good suggestion above and it keeps it simple. Can find a good chrome polisher, wax, tire cleaner, leather conditioner... all at the H-D dealer, and they sometimes have a kit, sometimes trial size, at the dealer.
No doubt he's worthy!!! He is a sweetheart, and this is the SMALLEST thing I can do for him as a token of my appreciation!!! I don't mean to make it sound like we've never washed the bikes, we normally give them a good cleaning every now and then...I just wonder what the best is, in people's opinion...and would love to try something new...especially on those Wheels of his!!! They are so detailed, and I left some left over polish on them last time..and a little hidden behind the swingarm (which Max so NICELY pointed out!!! :bat ) Anyway...I'm not partial to HD in any way..I know they might have the best products since they are the manuf. afterall, but I've heard of Mother's and Billets too, I think???? Thank you for the input so far...anyone else?!?!?:dance

·
Registered
411 Posts
My bikes are going to be really dirty when they get here after a month in a container on the sea...what do you think about sunny South Africa, The Mother City, and a great vacation?

Bear in mind its the southern hemisphere, so it'll be summer!!!

S100 has some great products BTW

ps - and the water goes down the drain in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, Amy - did you git 'er done?

Any pictures?
Yes...I got 'r cleannnnnn!!! But no :( there aren't any pictures. I'll take some pictures of the bikes after Christmas and post 'em up here!!!

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I can't stand it Cupcake. Here is my recipie. Keep it off of the windshield.

1 quart of Lemon Ammonia
1 bottle of alcohol, 99% (wood, not grain)
1 drop Dawn

put it in a gallon plastic bottle and fill the rest of the way up with water.

You'll be amazed.

It's great to have a small bottle of it on the bike for a quick "detail".

This is an old secret family recipie which I am only sharing with you so don't let the word get out.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I can't stand it Cupcake. Here is my recipie. Keep it off of the windshield.

1 quart of Lemon Ammonia
1 bottle of alcohol, 99% (wood, not grain)
1 drop Dawn

put it in a gallon plastic bottle and fill the rest of the way up with water.

You'll be amazed.

It's great to have a small bottle of it on the bike for a quick "detail".

This is an old secret family recipie which I am only sharing with you so don't let the word get out.

I bet that you don't have many spots to battle when you're drying the bike off, do you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts