Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
H-D Technician
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I might not have tightened the oil plug last night after changing my oil, so when I went 100+ this afternoon, my oil plug got lost. Seriously though, I'm lucky I didn't get hurt. It's a good thing my wife bought me a bell. Who knows what kind of trouble I could have got into as five quarts of oil sprayed out onto my rear tire. I was riding in a group and it was my buddy who noticed it, just in the nick of time. I pulled over and the majority of my oil spilled out onto the shoulder. Like I said, I just put those five quarts in there last night. That's sixty bones down the drain - or more accurately, off the shoulder of I-17. I stopped as quickly and safely as I could, but oil still got all over my helmet, jacket, rear fender, rear tire (really bad), belt (also really bad), and the whole undercarriage of my bike. I went to Walmart to buy some Simple Green, but it didn't have as much effect as when I tried Ajax dish soap. That got the oily residue left behind from the Simple Green.

So, just incase you need to get a bunch of oil off your bike, say, 3.5 quarts, Ajax is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
OOOHHH Darn,I thought this was going to be another thread like the cleaning the cake off of the ceiling trick.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Solvent on a rag and then rinsed with detergent and hot water works good too.
Use one of those stainless steel water/soda fire extuingeshers.
squeeze the handle and drill a hole through them for to lock it open with a pin.Install one of those weed spray hand wand applicators with the squeeze handle shutoffs and a schrader valve to air it up.Fill the extenguisher about 1/3 or better with detergent and top it up with water,pressureize it and it makes a real nice detergent applicator.You can also fill them with solvent and pressurize it but You have to be careful of any sparks or open flames.
After applying solvent rinse with water and use the detergent to remove any residue left by the solvent.
They work good to remove road oil off of equipment anyhows.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Dawn dish detergent on an old sponge, then rewax painted parts afterwards.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Personally I have the greasy biker look & smell but Gunk Engine Degreaser & a water hose is my usual method for cleaning up. Works good on the bikes too.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,187 Posts
So, I might not have tightened the oil plug last night after changing my oil
Yet another good reason to use a Mity-Vac.

Get a MityVac. Suck the oil out the top, Empty and store, no mess, vacuums every drop of oil out of corners. Froogle it and you can get one for $52

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Double bonus.........Bigger Penis AND no more oil change mess!! :D

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Well I don't know about "no more oil change mess"
But you will be a bigger ....
Stop.....I'm blushing.............:eek:

·
Registered
327 Posts
That's funny, I don't care who you are!

·
Banned
655 Posts
Double bonus.........Bigger Penis AND no more oil change mess!! :D
Oh gosh - work has kept me too busy. So I am trying to catch up here. Looks to be out of its box Hawkmann. Just saying...Anything with multiple purposes are always good.

·
Banned
655 Posts
OOOHHH Darn,I thought this was going to be another thread like the cleaning the cake off of the ceiling trick.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
As I read this - I thought the very exact same thing. Thank you once again Marty - you say women have memories like a hawk. You men are brutal. But - point him to the cake question and he may find some helpful advice. You really didn't think I would let you slide on that one Marty - did ya? Kidding Babe.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
As I read this - I thought the very exact same thing. Thank you once again Marty - you say women have memories like a hawk. You men are brutal. But - point him to the cake question and he may find some helpful advice. You really didn't think I would let you slide on that one Marty - did ya? Kidding Babe.
I`m still laughing about that one.LOL
I know I know someday You will get even.:)

·
H-D Technician
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to thank everyone for their input. Having cleaned the bike fairly well and to the best of my abilities, I would now like to ask about cleaning oil off of the pavement. Not just oil, but gasoline, too - my friend's bike has a leaky petcock. I live in an apartment complex, and there's no access to a spigot for a garden hose, but I do have a bucket and a trash can for water. I'm just trying to keep my parking spot fairly clean, and between the oil and the gasoline, it's become quite a wreck.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Westly's Whitewall cleaner and a brush. It's cheap and can be bought at any auto store.

Anything with a petroleum base will harm black-top or a sealed driveway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts