Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered a new windshield for my 07 Road Glide from clearview shields. Does anyone on here have a shield from them? I hear they are very good quality and work well. I sure hope they do, the wind buffeting from the stock shield on the Road Glide is driving me crazy. I order a 2" higher shield and it has recurve to push the wind up higher. I will post pics of it when I get it in and let everyone know how it works out. I ordered it with the vent to let a little cool air in, it gets hot down here in FL. Hell, it was 89 to day.

If you are not familiar with them, here is a link to their site. I got it from members on the vtwinforum site. They seem to like them over there.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/

·
Registered
77 Posts
mnerren,

Yes, I have a Clearview on my RG. Mine is +1 inch. Definitely a quality product.

I converted my then EG to a Road Glide a year ago last winter, so I didn't have a stock RG shield to compare it to.

I did a post in the Touring section here, Electra Glide to Road Glide Conversion. I posted my thoughts on the clearview there, near the end when I got her back on the road, end of page 2 and start of page 3.

There are a couple of photos in there too.

Hope that helps.

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I have no direct experiencewith them, but know of several who have put the recurves on and they have been thrilled with them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
years ago I had him shorten a stock windshield. Nice guy, took great care with details, quality work.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I ended up getting the shield that was 1 inch taller than stock. The quality of the shield is very nice. The recurve on the shield really works and pushes the air up and over my head now. I probably could have gotten away with the stock or even an inch lower than stock due to the recurve on the shield. I am enjoying not having the wind hitting me in the eyes now and I can cruise on the highway at 75 all day long with no buffeting. I can actually go a lot faster with no buffeting but I'm not telling anyone about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well has anyone tried the clearview on the touring models ultra classic?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yup, lightly smoked, recurve, stock height.

Looks like this:

Love it. Moves the airstream over the top of my lid. No more head buffeting.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Wow, I wish I had one of them for my FatBob windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts