Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of these? Are they as good as I've heard?

Thanks in advance

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.

Yes.

You're welcome.
Thank You! OK, you're not getting off that easy....I have a question on sizing now. The stock height seems ok now that I've got a new seat, my line of vision is an inch over the top of the windshield. Should I go an inch lower than stock or stay with the stock?

What did you do?

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Thank You! OK, you're not getting off that easy....I have a question on sizing now. The stock height seems ok now that I've got a new seat, my line of vision is an inch over the top of the windshield. Should I go an inch lower than stock or stay with the stock?

What did you do?
Measure the height of your line of vision, or existing windshield for location factor. With the recurve, you want to look over it just as you are doing now. If you order direct from them and buy a standard size, they will allow you to put it on the bike and ride around a little (you must leave the protective film on) to test it. If it is the wrong height for you, just send it back to exchange for the correct height. If you buy a custom height, you get to keep it and buy a different one if you are unhappy.

I would be comfortable with the inch over the top depending on how much you slouch, or slump, on long trips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use the clearview on my RG. I am 6' and the GT small is the size I got and it works great for me. I like seeing over and not thru the shield and I do not get any wind buffeting problems with that height shield. Like said before they will let you get it and put on the bike and as long as you do not remove the plastic protective coating you could return it if you were not happy with the size. Call them and they will spend time on the phone with you helping you choose the right one for you. Just be prepared to wait a bit they are kind of slow to get them out. Seems like they are made to order and not just an on the shelf item.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
I use the clearview on my RG. I am 6' and the GT small is the size I got and it works great for me. I like seeing over and not thru the shield and I do not get any wind buffeting problems with that height shield. Like said before they will let you get it and put on the bike and as long as you do not remove the plastic protective coating you could return it if you were not happy with the size. Call them and they will spend time on the phone with you helping you choose the right one for you. Just be prepared to wait a bit they are kind of slow to get them out. Seems like they are made to order and not just an on the shelf item.
That is correct. They are a small, two-man, outfit so they don't do a big production and have back stock. They pretty much manufature to order. That's kind of refreshing in this day and age.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I replaced mine with a standard height recurve, lightly smoked.

I look just over the top of the windshield and this moves the airstream up enough that I no longer get any wind buffeting on my forehead.

Looks like this on the scoot:

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweeeet. I liked the smoked look. I didn't see any reference to "recurve" on the web site,,,do they all have this?

Man, you have a lot of Gee Gaws on your rig. Does it make coffee as well?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Recurve is an option. See link below:

http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=11

You can get clear, light smoke, dark gray, or black (opaque).

Tint and recurve are options at no additional cost.

They also have a very "GoldWing" looking center vent - no thanks, but whatever floats yer boat.

I like the light smoke tint because I can see through it at night.

Here's what it looks like through the windshield:

No coffee maker, but the GPS/MP3/XM Radio unit, radar detector (w/remote hi-vis LED light block centered on the windshield), cupholder, and CB mic (had to put it on the right because of the cupholder) sort of fill up the available real estate. I leave the coffee maker to my Winger friends.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Recurve is an option. See link below:

http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=11

You can get clear, light smoke, dark gray, or black (opaque).

Tint and recurve are options at no additional cost.

They also have a very "GoldWing" looking center vent - no thanks, but whatever floats yer boat.

I like the light smoke tint because I can see through it at night.

Here's what it looks like through the windshield:

No coffee maker, but the GPS/MP3/XM Radio unit, radar detector (w/remote hi-vis LED light block centered on the windshield), cupholder, and CB mic (had to put it on the right because of the cupholder) sort of fill up the available real estate. I leave the coffee maker to my Winger friends.
UltraFudd,

I like the smoked tint it looks good The Road glide shields do not have a recurve option...maybe it already exists. I will not be adding the vent option either. I guess I better get to ordering mine as they say it takes 7 to 8 weeks for delivery. Thanks for your input!
That's a nice looking ElectraGlide you have there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
UltraFudd,

I like the smoked tint it looks good The Road glide shields do not have a recurve option...maybe it already exists.
The RG clearview shield does have a slight curve to it I think that is the part of the design that helps throw the wind up over your head. If you look closely at this photo you may be able to see the very slight curve to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i had a standard 12 and 14 inch on my V-rod bagger. i liked the 12 inch and ordered a 12 inch recurve from clearview. it gave the same wind effect as my 14 inch standard. i exchanged it for the 14 inch recurve to try and get the wind up and over my wife. she gets a little more wind on the v-rod vs the Ultra.

havent tried it yet riding season pretty much over with here.

great company to deal with they just make to order. takes 4-6 weeks for most orders. they may have returned stock that fits your needs and shipping is quicker.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i had a standard 12 and 14 inch on my V-rod bagger. i liked the 12 inch and ordered a 12 inch recurve from clearview. it gave the same wind effect as my 14 inch standard. i exchanged it for the 14 inch recurve to try and get the wind up and over my wife. she gets a little more wind on the v-rod vs the Ultra.

havent tried it yet riding season pretty much over with here.

great company to deal with they just make to order. takes 4-6 weeks for most orders. they may have returned stock that fits your needs and shipping is quicker.

I think you guys have sold me. I'm going to order the GT small with the light grey tint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts