Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the van (G3500) down for its LPG system inspection, and only 200 yards from home on a right-hander, two sport bikes come the other way very fast.

The first had a decent line inside his own lane, but the second was dragging his knee on the center line :eek:

Thank God there is no barrier there and I was able to take two feet of grass, otherwise I would have cut his head off.

Scared the crap out of me.

Be careful out there - it's not always the cager's fault.

·
Curmudgeon
7,037 Posts
I know what your saying Pete, I was on Cape Cod today went the beach to take walk, just after I got out of my car about 8 went by no regard at all for me walking along side my car, as I tried to get out of the way had to be doing 70 mph easy on top on each other to boot no margin for era if the 1st bike went down the rest would have also. I can't believe the way some of these kids ride.(I wasn't on the road ether they were just to dam close to the soft shoulder some were 2 abreast, on a curvy rd.

·
WV BIKER
40 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my yesterday on rt50 out side of Romney, WV. They where coming down the mountain and I was going up. If it wasn't for the truck passing lane. I would have been a bad accident. I couldn't tell you how fast he was going but. He was flying. I had less than a second to react. And as he passed me our tires where inches apart. I will tell you this much. I got to the senic overlook and smoked a couple cigs to calm my nervous. And I was pretty freakin pissed off.

Mitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts