Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,458 Posts
If that doesn't happen at least twice a day on the Gulf Coast, I start thinking I'm lost. Glad you were paying attention....someone had to, and it sure wasn't the driver.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Nice save.. wonder if a cell phone was involved.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Luckily you were able to see her coming from the side. Thank goodness for peripheral vision.

·
RIP Michael
86 Posts
Glad you saw her first. Happens way too often. I think that being riders, we actually look for them more. I swear a lot of drivers really don't see us. Seems like a large bike with headlights always on should be fairly easy to see, but I can't believe there are that many people that would pull out like that intentionally.

Happened to me on my way to Bend yesterday at 65. Young girl in a white pickup pulling onto Hwy 26 from a side street. Didn't even come to a stop. Slowed down, looked right through me and kept on going. I'm used to it by now, but I was 2up and think the wife wanted to kick her ass.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya this betoch looked right through me too. she was not on he phone just didnt even take time to really look. i wasnt as pissed as i should have been (off day)
Ride safe guys "N" gals

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,673 Posts
Thats what happened to me when I was about 18 yrs old cept I hit the car, I didn't have a chance to even hit the brakes or pull in clutch. The person driving was from another country..not that it matter as far as fault goes just the insurance deal was eff'ed
The person said they didn't see me because of U-haul truck and bushes and I didn't see them either until I cleared the side of u-haul parked in the yellow and they also ran stop sign on top of it all.
I did a couple flips in the air and was lucky enough to land in the grass..no helmet,I stood up but fell right back down.
Broke frame on motorcycle near front of gas tank, front wheel was folded in half..the yellow gas tank had blue jean marks from my pants and was dented up.....I had some internal bleeding but no broke bones I didn't do much for a couple month.

Then I sold my truck and bought another bike :thumbsup I didn't get hardly nothing from insurance...in todays world I would have been a rich teenager :what?

Just sayin that chit hurts and that same wreck today....At my age..I'd be.........

·
Registered
39,471 Posts
Then I sold my truck and bought another bike :thumbsup I didn't get hardly nothing from insurance...in todays world I would have been a rich teenager :what?

Just sayin that chit hurts and that same wreck today....At my age..I'd be.........
Yup, not as much rubber in our bones as we once had.

I figure I've used up 4 or 5 of my 9 lives.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
On Saturday, I was on my way to meet the fam at a local restaurant. Just so happens, I met them a couple of miles from the place at an intersection. The wife waved me in front of her, and she followed me.

About half a mile from the restaurant, a pickup truck was sitting in a driveway waiting to pull on the street. I just had a feeling...sure enough, he looked straight at me (and I have a modulating headlight), and pulled across the street into the oncoming lane. I had to lock it up to avoid him. He waved at me, as if to say sorry I suppose. Well my wife rolled down her window and yelled, "A$$HOLE!!" as loud as she could. I could hear her over my pipes and the wind noise. That's my girl!

·
Registered
39,471 Posts
:D :thumb

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
Glad you're OK Cisco, you too Red

Last thing we need is to become a statistic

·
Registered
340 Posts
oops... friggin dipshits. Glad you guys made it through.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I agree, ya gotta watch them. I give em a WTF and go on. Gets my BP up too much if I have to interact with them much more than that, lol. Like Kainam said we don't bounce so well anymore so keep your head on a swivel and watch out for the idiots.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You have to have your head on a swivel. Make sure to watch front wheels, not the driver. eye contact does nothing. Most will look right at you (or through you) and keep going. I usually ease off the throttle, cover the horn, and get into more or a motocross elbows up position. You have to be ready for them because they are not ready for you. Be safe all.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Glad you avoided that one! I tell you, the way people drive now and the host of distractions they have from their phone to all the onboard electronic crap in their cars, I am suspicious of every moving vehicle on the road that I am near.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have people turn/pull out in front of me all the time. I have to drive for them, they don't. I was stopped at a light and the lady behind me inched forward and when she realized it nose dived, inches from me. I turned around, looked at her and mouthed what the eff is your problem? She mouthed sorry, and started backing away from me, I guess I scared her, I hope it woke her up, but probably not.

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts