Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been batted around since late last year that there is/was a clutch master cylinder recall. However, I took mine in for some warranty work last week and the service guy said "there's another clutch master cylinder recall on '14 touring bikes. The details on the service bulletin aren't out yet and we'd like to keep your bike until we get the full details". Okay, so I left it with them.

He called on Saturday and said the details had come in on Thursday and they had received the "rebuild kits" from MOCO and installed it in mine.

Don't know what that all means, but it made me believe there was a 2nd clutch master cylinder recall. Before I took the bike in, I went to the MOCO site, plugged in my VIN, and, indeed there was a recall message but all it said was "service bulletin not complete, see your service center" and it was dated September 9, 2014.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Here's what the service manager told me after they made the recall fix last weekend on my bike.

The recall that is dated Sept. 9th is a fix of the fix for the original clutch recall.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what the service manager told me after they made the recall fix last weekend on my bike.

The recall that is dated Sept. 9th is a fix of the fix for the original clutch recall.
Hah! Just as I suspected. Thanks!

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts