Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a new front tire on my 01 FXDWG, took the caliper off and bled the brakes during the process. Bike rode and ran fine after that along with front brake working two days ago, but noticed that the front brake did not have a lot of pressure so decided to bleed them again. Bled them and left the master cylinder cover off overnight to release any more air bubbles. When I put it back on and tried to move the bike this morning, noticed that when I have it in gear and pull the clutch in that it will not roll right. Bike rolls fine in neutral with new tire but in gear the clutch will not engage right. When the bikes cold and off, it won’t move at all with the clutch engaged. When I have it running, the clutch oddly works fine. After I shut it off and it’s still hot, the bike will kind of move with the clutch pulled in and in gear but I can hear this like tapping noise if I rock back and forward. Pretty weird since there were zero problems with the clutch the other day, and it feels like the lever is pulling the cable properly. Wondering if anyone had similar issues or can point me where to start, thanks.

·
Registered
717 Posts
The first thing to do would be a full clutch adjustment as per the book.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
The clutch is a multi plate unit in an oil bath and always has some drag and will not let you push in gear with the clutch lever pulled.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
When the lever is pulled in, it DISengages the clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts