Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I replaced my clutch plates on 06 dyna fxdli. Went fine at first. Riding one day bike got stuck in first. Tried re-adjusting everything to no avail. Bike will go into neutral but when put into gear lunges and shuts off. Have to adjust lever to get back into neutral but just does the same thing. Lunges and shuts off. It’s like not engaging or disengaging. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Try'n to behave
6,249 Posts
What kind of play do you have at the clutch lever/cable? Also, did you properly torque the fasteners holding the clutch spring plate?

·
Just Ride
3,672 Posts
Adjust according to manual,if you don't have one, YouTube it. Harley clutches are particularly.

·
Try'n to behave
6,249 Posts
I don't have a FSM for your bike, so I am using the info from the FSM for my bike ('07 Road King). Your numbers may be different and you should check your FSM.

Torque the six spring fasteners in a star pattern to 90 - 110 in-lbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just went back into it was going backwards to check everything out freakin turns out the left handed bolt that holds the clutch on wasn’t even tight almost bouncing around. I thought it was tight when I put everything back together but apparently not. I’m a dumb ass. So got it torqued to 95 and putting everything back together again. Gimme about an hour and I’ll give u an update. Ty for your help.

·
Try'n to behave
6,249 Posts
Just went back into it was going backwards to check everything out freakin turns out the left handed bolt that holds the clutch on wasn’t even tight almost bouncing around. I thought it was tight when I put everything back together but apparently not. I’m a dumb ass. So got it torqued to 95 and putting everything back together again. Gimme about an hour and I’ll give u an update. Ty for your help.
95? Check your numbers.

I think mine was just south of 200...I would have to go check my manual.

·
Try'n to behave
6,249 Posts
Nope. I was wrong. Clutch hub mainshaft nut was 75-80. Compensator was 165.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts