Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone had any HD experience with the Fi2000 PowR Pro fuel management system?

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Go to Forum then Performance. Lots of stuff on there about it.

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Ultra...:biking:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Myself and two riding buddies run the cobra with the 02 sensors. They run great with no issues. NEVER any pop on decel, etc.. Runs better and cooler...Easy to make adjustments.

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Myself and two riding buddies run the cobra with the 02 sensors. They run great with no issues. NEVER any pop on decel, etc.. Runs better and cooler...Easy to make adjustments.
Thank you for the input...

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
they work great. look at the vance and hines fp3 as an easier install with similar results

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they work great. look at the vance and hines fp3 as an easier install with similar results
Thanks dub...looking at SEPST w/dyno now, since finding out that most tuners are fuel only oriented...and I think it would be more all around better for my bike overall. I'm also seriously considering cams too. The Fi2000 and fp3 are tempting though, at least no $dyno$ required.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
The FP3 has some very user friendly settings and adjustments through the app. IT has been perfect on my 2015 Roadglide special. I had the SEPST on my street glide and they never did get the decel backfire out of it. They did manage to get plenty of dyno dollars outta me though...
good luck either way you go. If you do the SE just be sure you get a good dyno tech to work it out. it is a good product.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
The FP3 has some very user friendly settings and adjustments through the app. IT has been perfect on my 2015 Roadglide special. I had the SEPST on my street glide and they never did get the decel backfire out of it. They did manage to get plenty of dyno dollars outta me though...
good luck either way you go. If you do the SE just be sure you get a good dyno tech to work it out. it is a good product.
As Dub said - If you go with the SEPST the guy doing the tune is the most important part. Just because someone works and tunes at the Harley Dealership does not mean they are any good. Seems like every dealer thinks their guy is the best, even if they are no good at all. You might be better off going to an independent shop. I found that out myself.
Be sure to look around, and get some recommendations. If you dont get someone skilled at tuning you will be wasting your money on the tuner and the dyno cost.

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can appreciate your input (dub and ultra) and will definitely take it to heart. I'm meeting with the dealers service manager Friday to talk about the dyno. Since I'm at a disadvantage not knowing what to say or ask, except the obvious, is there anything I should look for in talking over the dyno process?

I haven't purchased the SESPT yet so I'm still considering the possibility of a FP3 at this point. I kind of ruled out the Fi2000 since it is my understanding that Fi2k is a dormant processor unless your twisting the throttle, which relys on the bikes mapping at idle and when cruising. Hopefully that made sense?

Any and all guidance is appreciated!!!

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I downloaded the FP3 app just to check it out and it does seem like a viable option. Pretty straight forward.

I like what you said about the "dyno dollars" because I'm in a bit of a swirl about which road to take. The dealer (of course and with good reason) wants to go with the SEPST to keep my warranty simple.

I not only need to square up my AFR for the headers, mufflers, and a/c I put on this winter...I also want them to install cams at some point. So I'm caught between a rock and a hard place, if you know what I mean. Plus I'm unsure if the FP3 will compensate for "all" the mods. if I go that way.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
play with the demos in the app. read all you can on V&H website. For me it is the same as the SEPST only without the ball and chain. you get to do it and there are tons of ways to maximize your bikes tune. It is a very good product.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
for the record I have tried all three. the FI2000 and the SEPST and the FP3. I am most satisfied with the FP3

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for the record I have tried all three. the FI2000 and the SEPST and the FP3. I am most satisfied with the FP3
That's speaking from the wallet...Thanks for the insight dub.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts