Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vanishing Breed
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be prepared when you visit your dealer for service. Diagnostic code scanner easily retrieves trouble codes from your vehicle's computer to diagnose problems. The pocket-sized diagnostic code reader simply plugs into your bike's vehicle port, and automatically connects to the onboard computer. It reads the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) and displays the DTC description on a bright LCD screen. The Code Reader Master allows you to clear codes with the touch of a button, and also lets you to double check the current calibration ID for your motorcycle. The Code Reader is powered by your bike when connected. Kit includes palm-sized reader, J1850 connection cord, and instructions. Available starting March 2010.

32312-10

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

For use on '02-'10 VRSC™, '07-'10 XL and XR, '02-'10 Dyna®, '01-'10 Softail®, and '02-'10 Touring models equipped with J1850 protocol On-Board Diagnostics information plug.

MSRP US $149.95

I thought this was pretty cool.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
Vanishing Breed
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not see a 2009 - 2010 section there? Might also be nice as a travel campanion or if you are to lazy to follow instructions :) I spent more money than that on my ipod when i could have stuck with my tape recorder.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I have to find the 2009-2010 updates.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
My experience has been if the code aint present when the tech looks at it you or wont show up when he runs it, you aint got a problem. So I wouldnt clear any historicals at least.

·
G'Day Mate
3,715 Posts
I'm not sure about Motorcycles but in the Automotive World that tool will only help you if you have access to diagnostic trouble trees for the specific codes, otherwise its a $150 paper weight..:)

·
G'Day Mate
3,715 Posts
My experience has been if the code aint present when the tech looks at it you or wont show up when he runs it, you aint got a problem. So I wouldnt clear any historicals at least.
Nothing pisses me off more than when do it yourselfers do chit like that!!:cussing

·
Registered
701 Posts
I carry my code reader on my bike. It's right there on the speedo. To me that's as useful as a head light tester. Why not just look at the headlight?

·
Retired citizen
22,920 Posts
Wonder if it will be capable of making adjustments as well ?
I got the Twin Tech analyzer , installs in smart phones , comes with tech link adapter , does codes plus can adjust efi idles etc. ... $100.00 .
Gonna go to HD's website to check it out .

·
Retired citizen
22,920 Posts
Just checked it out ... simple code reader and clears codes plus displays the ECM calibration ... that's it ! Does NOT perform any kind of diagnostics routine . Waste of money .

·
Large Member
173 Posts
late model Harleys will display the codes on the dash.You don't need the ecm calibration numbers for retrieving codes.A diagnostic tree is what you need for each and every code.
What the hell could you possibly do different with a hand held code reader that the motorcycle itself already does?

I don't know what that code reader costs,but the 2 scanners I use for automotive cost over $11,000 each.That's eleven thousand dollars,not eleven hundred.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wonder if it will be capable of making adjustments as well ?
I got the Twin Tech analyzer , installs in smart phones , comes with tech link adapter , does codes plus can adjust efi idles etc. ... $100.00 .
Gonna go to HD's website to check it out .
Hi Schmidty's,

Do you have more info on the Twin Tech analyzer? Did a quick Google and found something from Daytona, but it seem geared for race bikes.

·
Retired citizen
22,920 Posts
Daytona Twin Tech is the place . I think you were looking at the tuner , look a bit more thru their website and ya should find their diagnostic equipment .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts