Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold morning are here 30-32 in Ohio.id like to recommend a great over suit for your morning commute.. It fits true to size with your clothes underneath ImageUploadedByMO Free1447011584.227001.jpg so 38 miles 75 mph all is good.. Now gear up and keep the wheels rolling..full face helmet,Balaclava,cold weather gloves,and rain covers over the boots

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Guitarslinger
3,334 Posts
I like it and need it !! Thanks for posting

·
Registered
526 Posts
Cold morning are here 30-32 in Ohio.id like to recommend a great over suit for your morning commute.. It fits true to size with your clothes underneath View attachment 418497 so 38 miles 75 mph all is good.. Now gear up and keep the wheels rolling..full face helmet,Balaclava,cold weather gloves,and rain covers over the boots

Do you wear a heavy riding jacket underneath?

·
Guitarslinger
3,334 Posts
Paul, I was reading the reviews on this and one fellow said all he wore was jeans and a t-shirt, I also saw where you roasted with temps over 50.

Reactions: Paul HD72

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If protection is your thought for work commute id think an armored pullover shirt would be more comfortable.. It's pretty warm thinking you may die wearing a leather with it :)

·
Yea, real tough guy.
194 Posts
I have had one of these suits for years and am now on my second one (if you ride year round it should last you about 3-4 years...and I mean every day during the winter & 100 mile round trip). I've ridden in to the teens wearing Gerbing heated sox and gloves, Under Armor base layer, jeans, and a sweatshirt/fleece. Well worth the money!

·
Guitarslinger
3,334 Posts

·
Hard Member
3,255 Posts

·
Guitarslinger
3,334 Posts
how much is the deal ?

·
Hard Member
3,255 Posts
how much is the deal ?
If I am no wrong I can get the set for about 500, that's if I get heated gloves. Go to their site, worth it I just don't want to spend the money. Would like to check the coverall, 200 sounds better.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Cold morning are here 30-32 in Ohio.id like to recommend a great over suit for your morning commute.. It fits true to size with your clothes underneath View attachment 418497 so 38 miles 75 mph all is good.. Now gear up and keep the wheels rolling..full face helmet,Balaclava,cold weather gloves,and rain covers over the boots

I had been considering heated gear but was reluctant to get involved in hooking up additional wires to the battery, buying vest, gloves controllers, etc. and purchased this riding suit based on the many reviews I found. My observations...

The suit is well made. I'm 5'6", 165 lbs, 34" waist and 29" inseam. I decided to order a small. If your dimensions ANY larger then my dimensions go with a medium because the small fits snug on my with just regular street cloths underneath. Other than the legs (they have another inch or two overreach) all the other dimensions are like a glove.

I left my house this morning with the temperature about 34°F. It's about a 30 minute ride to work and I arrive perfectly warm other then my hands being a little chilled. There was one area high up in my chest that got a slight chill but when I went to unzip I realized I had not zipped up the suit and fastened the velcro all the way up which left a little area where wind/cold air migrated through. I'll have to be more conscious of that when I suit up next time. Other than that the suit work fine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup this suit works great.As probably do other brands. I'm not sure what the need for heated gear is when products like this work fine.maybe some battery operated gloves liners :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yup this suit works great.As probably do other brands. I'm not sure what the need for heated gear is when products like this work fine.maybe some battery operated gloves liners :)

I'm looking into options for my hands. I don't what to put grip shields on my bike although I understand they are a big help in avoiding direct wind on the hands which helps keep them warm. And as with the suit my preference would be non-heated gloves so no batteries or electrical hook-up is required. If anyone has a suggests for keeping the hands warm with the following priorities it would be appreciated...

1. Cold weather gloves

2. Cold weather gloves run by batteries

3. Cold weather gloves powered by motorcycle battery

·
Banned
71 Posts
I'm looking into options for my hands. I don't what to put grip shields on my bike although I understand they are a big help in avoiding direct wind on the hands which helps keep them warm. And as with the suit my preference would be non-heated gloves so no batteries or electrical hook-up is required. If anyone has a suggests for keeping the hands warm with the following priorities it would be appreciated...

1. Cold weather gloves

2. Cold weather gloves run by batteries

3. Cold weather gloves powered by motorcycle battery
Look into Snow Gloves at Academy Sports , good gloves at a fair price .

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yep, winter gauntlets with silk liners (military or police) works great. Now, with the batwing fairing, it hasn't gotten cold enough for me to break them out. Nothing better than a big wind break to help keep you warm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts