Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's finally getting warm enough to start riding out where I live. I'm blessed to live in some of the most beautiful riding areas on earth. My ride was on my 2018 FLHTK. I started off heading South on Co. 285 to Pine Junction and then towards Woodland Park along 126 & 67. I stopped at an overlook and took some photos. Before I left a man and his wife pulled up in a '66 GTO....may favorite car. We chatted a bit and he also had some Harley's in his garage.

I then proceeded to Woodland Park, enjoying all the scenery along with the twists and turns. Elevations ranged from around 8,000' to 10,000' along the ride. At Woodland Park I headed west towards South Park on US24. I stopped at another overlook to have some coffee and enjoy the view.

Next stop was in Hartsel, Co. along hwy. 9.There is a buffalo ranch where hwy. 9 turns of hwy. 24. I stopped to get a few pics, including one of their white buffaloes.

Made one more stop in Fairplay then headed north along 285. (Hwy. 9 continues north to Breckenridge and other destinations north and is also an unbelievable ride.) I enjoyed the cool ride (temps went down into the 40's) through South Park and then the beautiful ride along 285.

What a great way to spend the day 'social distancing'. The Ultra Limited ran fantastic. Its finally broke in and the first service has been done, including the vent tube install. Can't wait to venture to other places out here in Colorado and Wy.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Keep these post a coming!, Great pictures and story line! Thank you for sharing your ride with the forum!

Reactions: MedicineBow
1 - 4 of 4 Posts