Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Daniii... Excellent - Have been by that homestead north of Westcliffe numerous times and stopped at that Black Canyon of Gunnison scenic pullout as recently as four weeks ago.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CBM is a really fine fellow. I do feel sorry for his wife, with him and three sons to terrorize her daily. But we soaked some ribeyes in coke, burned them on the grille, and I even did some of my Yankee baked beans.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daniii... Excellent - Have been by that homestead north of Westcliffe numerous times and stopped at that Black Canyon of Gunnison scenic pullout as recently as four weeks ago.
I have now visited most of the "places to see" in Colorado. Thinking about hitting Lake City for the ADV riders "west fest" after Sturgis, but we'll have to see....

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just made reservations for WestFest (haven't told the wife yet...:bat ). Lake City is on one of the prettiest roads in Colorado. I'm headed there after Sturgis (a 600 mile detour). Think I'll stay at that same place in Gunnison.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Daniii, Hwy 149 from the Blue Mesa Reservoir, through Lake City, over Slumgullion Pass, then Spring Creek Pass, then along the headwaters of the Rio Grande, through Creede to South Fork is 100 miles of the best riding around, not just in CO, but in the country. Have friends going to WestFest, but I can't make this year. The off road adventures in the Lake City area are world class.

Lake City is down in the distant valley below. It is in Mineral County, with only 932 residents in the entire county! This is from one of the Slumgullion Pass scenic lookouts.

·
BatRod
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There will be over 200 folks at West Fest. It'll be a zoo! Looks like a great ride. And I'll miss you again. One of these days.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts