Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,048 Posts
I just love this. Here we are all true bikers worried about the best boots to keep our feet warm and dry, the best gloves to keep our hands warm and dry, helmets to keep the elements off our heads, and something to keep our a$$s from hurting. Otherwise, to hell with the rest, let's ride.

;-)
Never said I wouldn't ride even if I was miserable. Of course, I never claimed to he a "true biker" either. Whatever the hell that is. I just wanna ride, bro.

--

·
Señor Member
19,588 Posts
Thorogood boots. Union made in the USA. Outlasted any other brand I've ever bought 2:1 And I've Bought a lot of brands. Good pair will run you under $200. I'm a boilermaker, and my line of work is real hard on footwear. These boots really are second to none that I've tried.

2007 ElectraGlide
65,000 miles and counting!

Yup. My wife got me a pair from Farm and Fleet as a signal that it was time to buy the HD is been wanting my whole life. The boots and the bike are both going strong after 37k miles.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,011 Posts
Thorogood makes a fine boot. On my second pair after wearing out the first ones. Side zippers and great support for my bad leg count for a lot of points here, and 6+ years of daily wear and riding seems like a good deal on the longevity. About once a year I hose the boots down with some waterproofing called "Campdry" from WallY World, and haven't gotten my socks wet yet....and these boots have been with me through some very interesting cloudbursts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wear a pair of Airiat square steel toe boot, to work, to ride, at home hell even in the bedroom if the wife would let me, lol. you can pick them up at Academy and a lot of other western stores for about $150 or less on sale sometimes, they have a really good sole plate that is multiple layers and helps isolate the vibrations from the bike so my feet don't go numb

·
Registered
683 Posts
Bates tactical or 5.11. I wear them both. I have waterproof and regular versions of them both. The bates
feel like tennis shoes. I wear them for 10 hour shifts on my feet no problem.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Bates Leathers the maker of racing Leathers make custom size boots. You send in a tracing of your feet and a bunch of measurements and get a pair made to fit. The cost is around 250

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Since I started this thread almost a year ago I thought I would update on what I went with. Went to the redwing store and got fitted for a pair of engineer boots. They were outside my price range but I did have the size information I needed, so I went shopping on eBay and found a used pair for $100.00 delivered.. I put a nice pair of insole inserts in them. I did find one was easy to put on and the other very difficult. I had to spend several sessions with a zip lock baggie of water in the instep and the in the freezer to expand and stretch the left boot. It may be that the boots were different sizes, or maybe my feet are, when the money situation improves I'm going to treat myself to a brand new pair with the high dollar insoles that redwing sells. I love the boots, very comfortable..wear them every day to work and sometimes they don't come off until after last call...

41 - 52 of 52 Posts