Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

have an 04 Ultra - it has the stock 'comfort stitch seat' with backrest.

after about 200 - 250 miles - the seat starts to get uncomfortable -

anyone change to a different seat for long ride comfort - maybe the road zepellin ?

at some of the rally's, there are vendors who cut take your seat apart, cut some of the foam and replace with a gel pad then stitch the seat back up

any advice on what's works well ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
After 250 miles any seat will get un comfy. I have a corbin classic an I love it, but after 250 my recliner at home would suck.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have an Air Zep on my 07 Ultra and like it a lot. I also use one of the Lambs Wool covers for those longer rides, keeps my butt from sweating a lot.:ride

·
Registered
338 Posts
http://www.day-long.com/

Hi,
You did not post your stats ie height weight and inseam. If you are taller the finest seat for the Ultra is the Russell seat. They look great on the Ultra. I have used there custom built seats since the 80s. Give them a call and discuss what your wants are

Each seat is built off of a HD OEM seat pan so they will need your current seat or just by one used (there are plenty as the OEM ones are junk). The cover can be any condition as they will take it off. Each seat is built to your height weight and inesam. They can do the riders section or the riders and passengers. I have got by with just the rider section.

Russell seat stands behind there product and will adjust the seat intill it fits your correctly. The seat does have a spring in it that goes from side to side and supports you hips. Build time usually takes around a month.

Simple test, how many used Russell seats do you ever see for sale? Usually zero as they are that great. I have sold some of mine in the past when I sold my bikes and the new owner did not want them. Every single one them sold the day I placed the ad and for about the same money I paid for them.

I can not say enough about there seats and customer service!!!!!!

A long time extremely happy customer.

John

BTW do not waste your time and money on inserts as they bite the big one. I have tried the get inserts and air bladders and was just a waste.
Hi Guys

have an 04 Ultra - it has the stock 'comfort stitch seat' with backrest.

after about 200 - 250 miles - the seat starts to get uncomfortable -

anyone change to a different seat for long ride comfort - maybe the road zepellin ?

at some of the rally's, there are vendors who cut take your seat apart, cut some of the foam and replace with a gel pad then stitch the seat back up

any advice on what's works well ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts