Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some Commander 2 tires from jp cycles. Was planning on having my local harley shop install them when when I had my 10k service done. They told me that they were not made for Harley's and would not install them. They said Avons were the only way to go. ( so I told them to just put Avons on) Are these guys just crazy and tried selling me a set of tires or are the commanders really not good tires?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
They just wanted to sell you tires, total BS MC II's are great motorcycle tires , as are Avons .

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
WOW........Run from that place and never return!
Put Commander II on my 99 RK and now on my Ultra Limited and they are great tires.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
your commanders are garbage- send them to me for testing on your dime:bike-038:

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Lot of places or dealers wont put tires on that you didn't buy from...but no need for the BS..

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
I have Michelin/power commanders II on my Electra Glide :bikerguy:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Unbelievable B/S that comes outa the mouths of some Harley Davidson stealership's is so absurd as to border on outright illegal activity and shoddy business practices ! MOCO should but won't take away their franchise because they them selves are guilty !
But , hey , if its not illegal .................

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Got a set and love em. Yes they are made for Harleys.
My local dealer only wanted to use screaming eagle cams on an engine build and nothing else but that is because they dont have the skill to tune a bike with other brands of cams.

Your dealer is a flat out liar and crook or just plain stupid.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Your dealer wouldn't tell you the truth. They won't put them on because you bought them online. If you had asked them to order them they would have mounted them.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
most shops around here charge extra for mount balance on tires they didnt sell you- just the way it is now a days - im getting a manual tire machine myself this year-can balance with dyna beads

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just so you all know this wasn't a dealer. It's actually an independent Harley shop. These guys are really good and reasonably priced. I think they are just set in there ways. They like to put whatever they like and use on your bike. I thought the tire thing was a little weird but I'll keep using them because they are a lot better then my local dealer .

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
I think my Indy feels threatened by new technology , even tires , can't knock Avons , you could always sell the MCII's , don't think you would have much trouble finding a buyer.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I purchased some Commander 2 tires from jp cycles. Was planning on having my local harley shop install them when when I had my 10k service done. They told me that they were not made for Harley's and would not install them. They said Avons were the only way to go. ( so I told them to just put Avons on) Are these guys just crazy and tried selling me a set of tires or are the commanders really not good tires?

Huh......says local Harley shop....wtf do we know?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Does Power Commander 2 come in a wide WW.
If not whats the next best tire that does. I don't want Dealer Dunlaps.
also take a look at the shinko 777 hd white wall
the hd(heavy duty) is new- higher load rating longer wearing

me and 2 of my friends have the previous 777 and they are a great tire at a very nice price-

1 - 20 of 37 Posts