Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Um... tighten it?

Use a couple drops of red Loctite. Not a lot.

Oh - and welcome to our lil' corner of the Innernets!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I think KBO incorrectly read/saw his post as I did,
"...compensating nut wants to come loose..."

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Yep.. I read it as "want". I've had mine come loose more than once.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
If permanent Loctite was used it pretty much only breaks down under high heat. If you hit the Loctited part with a torch then use and impact gun it will spin off pretty easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EXCUSE ME KB AN DAVE it WONT come lose an just found out they used lots of locktight maybe i spelled all this rite Right already used air impact an nothing an put some heet HEAT to it an nothing but thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
:blahblah:Diamond Lil you are right of course, these types suffer from low self esteem and subsequently go overboard to demonstrate their worth or normalcy. Unfortunatley many run for public office and manage to get elected:eek:

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Hey Jeff, any luck yet? Maybe a bigger impact? I haven't found a nut/bolt yet that'll stand up to my impact at 500 ft lbs of torque.

Don't worry about these folks around here, it seems most of 'em tend to have a screw loose at times. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had a similar problem with a clutch basket on a Kawi/Vulcan, the impact woudn't budge it. I bought a better impact and it came off so fast I thought something broke!
Old impact was 240 Ft Pounds, new impact 800 Ft Pounds, BIG DIFFERENCE!

·
Trade School Alumnus
502 Posts
More heat, The impact hammering could knock the magnets loose from the rotor.

Al

1 - 16 of 16 Posts