Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tax time came in and i was temporarily a thousandaire. Decided to make my 2014 Deluxe actually sound like a Harley lol. I installed a set of Vance and Hines big radius 2 into 2 pipes. Arlen Ness big sucker stage 2 breather and a Vance and Hines FP3 tuner. Used the map designed for this setup. When the weather gets better i will run the auto tune feature. So far, bike sounds amazing. Temps were 21°, so didnt ride it long. Rode 8-10 miles. The power increase is definitely noticeable. Cleaned up the looks of the bike too. Im a happy camper. Just need to get this february snow storm out of the way....
Before and after pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have no regrets. I did however take a sharp right turn on the first ride and scraped the tip of the lower pipe. At least its broke in now lol.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hey Drifter
Looks great ! I have heard that those pipes are very loud..........true or not? I'd like to put them on my Rocker but in black rather than chrome.
Colt.45

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,673 Posts
Yep thats a nice lookin" ride fer sure!

Hey Drifter
Looks great ! I have heard that those pipes are very loud..........

Whatta you say ..pardon??

I was in a parking lot 20 feet from a guy that had some and he nailed the throttle a few times...

Seemed loud enough to me...:usa

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the regular baffles in them now and they have a real good fairly loud sound. Havent pulled the baffles yet. I will eventually just for curiousity sake lol. Right now it definitely lets the neighbors know im home lol.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Those pipes really add to the look of the bike. My friend has them on his Sportster and they sound great too. Spring can't get here soon enough. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Cool

·
Registered
165 Posts
I found with my FP3 to just trust the V&H techs with their first (made for my setup) tune.

I ran several AutoTune runs just to check it out, and each one only made minor, barely noticeable changes.
I ended up just going back to that first map and calling it good.
That first map btw, was sensational.
After all, those maps are pulled from bikes with my equipment, on a dyno.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ill probably wind up doing the same thing, just leave the map thats on. I only rode for a few miles, but it sounded and felt great. I may play with the auto tune a little. Just to see what its like. I like the feature of being able to monitor all the engines systems on my phone. Pretty cool.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts