Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
Like 02 said. As well as maybe wrong pad compound for that type of rotor.

Have ZERO experience with them so my suggestion is a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not joking, check your wheel bearing...when mine got real hot and started making noises, it turned out to another bad wheel bearing...brake and rotor were helping hold the wheel in place...nlol...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked my wheel bearing, and had the HD tech take a look as well when I had the rear tire changed. All this before actually riding the bike. But I am not understanding how this could melt the rotors down....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Brake pads dragging, causing excess heat, over a fairly long time. Like a good long ride. Surprised you didn't notice the heat, smell, drag on the bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope did not notice any of those symptoms, I was running it hard with several 70/80mph runs to 20mph hairpins.

But I have the same caliper as you see in this photo with old rotor, new HD pads and I am having zero issues

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
maybe some cheap parts made there way in there. melted stuff is very hot stuff. something had to heat them up. unless the japs have used bad stuff in those parts for that run of brake stuff. . ive had rotors glowing red in the dark and still maintain good braking. so me thinks bad parts. but my scoot has ceramic's , so they can run hot with no problems other than noise.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I thought I would contact the seller to see if Lyndall had contacted them about the issue.

The seller say, no they are totally ignoring him as well. He also said he cannot even get Lybdall products because of this.

What customer services, I hope they go down in flames.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So last night I called Lyndall and spoke with Paul. First off he is arrogant and just ridiculous to deal with.

He basically said could I prove in a court of law that his rotors were defective. Then he went on to say he would replace the rotor. I said that would be good for his vendor but not for me. He refused to pay anything in terms of reimbursements for my extended cost due to the melt down.

Paul said he got an attitude about the whole thing when The vendor called him on a Sunday about what had happened. Paul stated he knew he was being a A-Hole. I agreed with him.

I hope he squares Aaron away at GR Customs, who did me right from the beginning. Doubtful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts