Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this '95 Wide Glide on the 'net at a dealer. I like the color and everything else about it (It's mostly stock which I like) but it has over 249,000 miles at least. The speedo was replaced, title states 25K with-M- for exceeding mechanical limits so unknown mileage. They'e asking $5,999. Basically looking at it, it's my dream bike, something I would love to have for the rest of my life. But I haven't even contacted them to get some information about the engine, whether it's been rebuilt and what not. I must be crazy even considering this? Your comments would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Pass. You could find something with way less mileage on it. Be patient you'll find another one. The price their asking is ridiculous IMO.

·
Retired citizen
24,344 Posts
If mileage is unknown how did you conclude the bike has over 249,000 miles ?
That just sounds extreme to me.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
If you are looking at a bike that you "would love to have for the rest of my life" I'd certainly be looking at one with FAR fewer miles on it and you should have no trouble finding one at that price point.

·
Administrator
13,401 Posts
If you could prove 250,000, which would be difficult because a '96 odometer rolls at 100k, then I wouldn't touch it. There are too many garage queens with less than 100k for about the same price. I see them all the time here.

My FLHT has 147,000 documented miles. It's a good bike, but little nitpicky things have me wondering if it might be "time".

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you love to work on one more than ride...it sounds like the perfect bike...except for the price!

·
Señor Member
19,831 Posts
Title says 25k so you're guessing ten times that for actual mileage? I'm missing something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts