Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2001 FXDL with 32,000 miles on it. It has lived its life outside. The tires are older and cracked, there is some surface rust on various parts and even the frame coating has come off due to rust in a few areas. It does seem to run well. He has had it for years but is not the original owner. He doesn't really know any specifics of its life. There is a small dent on the tank where he says his ex wife knocked it over on accident. This guy is a buddy of my bro in law so I somewhat trust him. Even the banjo bolts on the calipers are pretty rusted. I feel with some tlc (chain tensioners, new brake lines, tires) it could be a real nice rider for me. What do you think this would be worth? I'm in southern VA.

What is she worth?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Average price is at about $4,000. I'd pick it apart for the rust on some of the parts like the shift linkage. At 32,000 miles it could be about ready for cam chain tensioners. Not sure of the price for parts on that now, but when I had mine done it was $1,400 parts and labor for the upgrade to hydraulic tensioners. Ask how old the tires are and how many miles are on them. Paint looks good as far as I can tell from the pics. Does it come with any accessories? It looks like it may have had a windshield on it at one time. I can see the mounts on the fork and the turn signals have been moved to the forks. Originally they were mounted on the grip clamps. I do love red bikes though. Has he named a price?

·
Just Ride
3,600 Posts
In that shape $2000.00 max.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts