Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Doc
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever noticed that Harley ownership is viral? 3 years ago, there was 1 Harley in my small area of the subdivision. There are now 7.

A friend of mine in the neighborhood had one. We talked at cookouts over a year or so and before I knew it, another friend started riding one. A few months later and I have one. Then a friend sees mine and a few months later he has one. I took the guy across the street up to the local dealership to pick up his new ride this past weekend.

From what I can tell, affliction occurs almost immediately upon exposure but manifestation in the driveway takes between 2 months and a couple of years. It doesn't go away with topical treatment (interpretation: buying anything but a Harley only delays the inevitable) and the only known cure is :biking:

Warn your neighbors and friends.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
So it is a STD(socially transmitted disease )

·
Registered
377 Posts
I caught it when I was stationed in southeast asia..........I haven't even tried to get rid of it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Spread the word HONDA doen't build bikes here anymore. Buy a U.S> Built bike. preferably a HARLEY!

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I'm a carrier.
I had a Harley and then a buddy I knew was tired of being cock blocked as he said, so he got one. Then I moved to Salt Lake for 2 years and when I came back to Oregon, he had talked 4 other guys we know at the bar into bikes. Then their wives got endorsed and are looking to get bikes. Year before last I was the only Harley guy in the neighborhood. Then last year 3 other guys are riding around on Harleys. This year another guy got a Vrod with loud ass exhaust. The fever is amazing.

·
Registered
10,848 Posts
My name is Joe. Glad to be here. And I openly admit to having the forementioned Harley viral sickness. I had been doing great for years, hadn't had a bike since my late 30's. Then new neighbors moved in next door in 2008. I saw him coming and going on his Triumph. So, in 2009, at the age of 61, I went in a HD dealership to "look". And I ended up saying "I'll take that one". But that didn't cure the Harley viral addiction--it only seemed to fuel it. In 2011 I had to get a bigger Harley. And then I got a new 2013 Road Glide. My wife kept saying "you always end up getting a bigger bike, when are you going to stop?" I tried to calm her down by saying that I now have the biggest bike that Harley makes so I will stop now.

We will see.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Hi, my name is David and I'm a Harleyaholic. I ride every day I can and I just cannot function if i don't get my weekly fix. I have been known to go to extremes such as ride in the rain, and as low at 25* just to get my fix... I need Help.... thank you.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
i had it so bad at first that I was driving a Geo and instead of buying a decent work car ..I bought an 04 EG....the best move I ever made...FYI the Geo was a pile of primered shit...:nod

·
Registered
47 Posts
My buddy got one, then my other buddy got one, now I have one, now my neighbor is getting one. Just couldn't resist the allure.

·
Eats Shoots & Leaves
87 Posts
I think it's spread across the Atlantic!

When H-D launched the XR in the UK in 2008, my friend, who had a Fatboy, took me along, albeit a little reluctantly to a dealer to have a look at it. I got 'persuaded' to take it out for a short test ride. 2 hours later, and grinning like the Cheshire Cat from Alice, I was hooked. Couldn't afford it at the time, but in 2011 I could, only just - so I did!

Never looked back. :nod

Best of all, I must have passed it on to my old boss - he's on his second brand new Harley in 2 years! :)

:biker:

·
Registered
427 Posts
There does seem to be more around all the time. And, there are a couple of folks in the area with more than one. Me included.

Had one neighbor ask me why I had 2 Harleys. I told him it was because I couldn't justify having 3. :)

·
99%er
42 Posts
In a funny way Harley's are like Apple computers. The marketing and overall coolness of owning one is second to none.

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,289 Posts
Always been on dirt. Swore 30 years ago never own a HD with rubber band drive. Now have 2 parked in the pen. 2 more friends just bought 1st HD's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts