Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
I had the fork wind deflectors on my Road King and they work very well keeping wind from coming around the tank and hitting you in the face.
The hand protectors I don't know about, but my hands would always be the coldest part of my body.
Now I have a fairing and heated grips so no worries.
BTW heated grips ROCK!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
BTW heated grips ROCK!!!!!!
Yes, they do!!!

JP, no experience with those, I've read some reviews raving about them. I use a product called Polar Hands, mitts that fit over your controls and your hands, and they kick ass! Now they do not look very sexy, actually down right ugly. But with the weather we have, including rain, nothing better I've found. But then I try to ride year round. http://www.cheapandspeedy.com/originalpolarhandshandlebarmittenshandsheilds.aspx

·
Go Army!
632 Posts

Attachments

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Also love the fork baffle to go along with the fork air deflectors....

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts

·
Go SEAHAWKS!!
807 Posts
have had a pair of the hand deflectors for 4 years now. I don't use them super often anymore as my commute has recently been cut in half so I am not out on the slab for 30 minutes anymore. Still will put them on along with my windshield if headed over the mountains in the Spring or late Fall. Really work well to keep the brunt of the wind and water blast off the "fists in the wind". Might look a bit silly with the ape hangers but so be it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
windwalker, I've been thinking of trying something like those gauntlets next year:

Spi Cold Weather Handlebar Gauntlets - Black : Amazon.com : Automotive
I have a set similar to those, but they are not rubberized. They worked ok, but do not have any kind of stiffener to help maintain their shape. Mine were made for an ATV, if memory serves.

The main problem with them, at speed they tended to collapse on themselves. Not so much a problem, as long as you don't take your hands out. The Polar Hands have a built in stiffener.

I talked to one rider, who said he scarfed the felt liners from his wife's ski boots, cut the toes out and slid them in the gauntlets. He said it stiffened them up nicely, and provided additional wind protection. Most recommend installing some sort of brackets to keep them from binding up the controls. I picked up a cheap set of hand guards at CG, for about $20.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the Hand Deflectors and like them. They keep a lot of wind and fog off your hands. Also helps with light rain.
Bill :ride

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
I don't know about the rest of y'all but here in new York this is all we need to stay warm! !!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Looks like ya may hafta wash it in "warm" water first...:rofl:

Sorry, had to.

I like my "deflectors" all the time. H-D ones are good quality,solid with excellent chrome.

Attachments

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like ya may hafta wash it in "warm" water first...:rofl:

Sorry, had to.

I like my "deflectors" all the time. H-D ones are good quality,solid with excellent chrome.
and another

BOOM!

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I like my "deflectors" all the time. H-D ones are good quality,solid with excellent chrome.[/QUOTE]

How well do the faring deflectors work? And does your MPG go down with those deflectors on?

I've been wondering about both for a while now. I'm getting tired of the wind and grit shooting up my legs and into my face.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
How well do the faring deflectors work? And does your MPG go down with those deflectors on?

I've been wondering about both for a while now. I'm getting tired of the wind and grit shooting up my legs and into my face.[/QUOTE]

I originally put them on due to the buffeting going on with my sunglasses. Those deflectors stopped it. The "fork baffle" did very little to the wind buffeting. Looks cool though. IF ya see it...

"MPG" ? I really never gave a phuk about that, to be honest.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
That's why I ride a Limited. It's got those.:laugh

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I think anything blocking the wind is a good thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts