Harley Davidson Forums banner
281 - 300 of 311 Posts

· Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
And if you can't get your rain gear out and put it on fast enough, and your boots get soaked on the way to the hotel/motel/AirBnB, put the two boot openings back to back laying them on the floor with a space just big enough for the hotel hair dryer tip to fit into one of them. Air flows into the first boot, back out, into the second boot, and then out to the room. Leave it run like that all night. My boots were probably like 95% dry the next morning and with fresh dry socks, they finished drying in the wind before our first stop of the day.

· Registered
13,614 Posts
When taking rain gear for you and the wife, (or not), on a long trip that may/may not encounter some bad weather, vacuum seal your gear down so it it fits nice and tight in the bottom of your tour pack. Pull them out as needed, let them dry, vacuum them back down with little supplied vacuum pump or maybe hotel vacuum(?), and store them till next storm!

View attachment 801253

View attachment 801254
Great idea, but your back to square one on a multi day ride, just saying. Ride Safe

Reactions: rapier57

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,838 Posts
When taking rain gear for you and the wife, (or not), on a long trip that may/may not encounter some bad weather, vacuum seal your gear down so it it fits nice and tight in the bottom of your tour pack. Pull them out as needed, let them dry, vacuum them back down with little supplied vacuum pump or maybe hotel vacuum(?), and store them till next storm!

View attachment 801253

View attachment 801254
I just bought a pocket inflater/vacuum perfect for this sort of thing.

I wrote the seller with a question, and they sent me a 50% off code, combined with the $6 off coupon on Amazon website, I ended up paying ~$20.

Has a built in light, and you can also charge your phone off of it.

· Registered
13,614 Posts

I wrote the seller with a question, and they sent me a 50% off code, combined with the $6 off coupon on Amazon website, I ended up paying ~$20.

Have you tried the vacuum option ?

· Registered
13,614 Posts
No, I've not used mine yet other than function testing. Just got mine yesterday. Only been available since Tuesday.
Might be interested one per. your possible yea or nye. No pressure LOL

· Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Great idea, but your back to square one on a multi day ride, just saying. Ride Safe
:unsure: Not sure what you mean, "Back to square one"? The bags come with a little hand pump so we just let the gear dry off and suck everything back down and back in the tour pack they go until the next unavoidable rain when we pull it back out. We had to do that like 3-4 times on the trips this summer. Worked pretty good!

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

· Registered
13,614 Posts
:unsure: Not sure what you mean, "Back to square one"? The bags come with a little hand pump so we just let the gear dry off and suck everything back down and back in the tour pack they go until the next unavoidable rain when we pull it back out. We had to do that like 3-4 times on the trips this summer. Worked pretty good!
Ah so understand completely. Missed part you had a hand pump. Ride Safe and Dry

Reactions: MotoJockey

· old scoot coot
7,317 Posts
And if you can't get your rain gear out and put it on fast enough, and your boots get soaked on the way to the hotel/motel/AirBnB, put the two boot openings back to back laying them on the floor with a space just big enough for the hotel hair dryer tip to fit into one of them. Air flows into the first boot, back out, into the second boot, and then out to the room. Leave it run like that all night. My boots were probably like 95% dry the next morning and with fresh dry socks, they finished drying in the wind before our first stop of the day.

that thing is pretty darned cool!

· Registered
21 LowRider S
46,838 Posts
if you think damnit this will hurt a bunch and may kill me. it may or may not kill you but it's already too late to worry about it.
I've actually had the thought before when I was in the middle of something bad happening, "How the hell am I going to get out of this one".

· Banned
45 Posts
Look way out ahead... can see the left turner that does not see you.
The situation is... Turn where they already have been.

Look way out ahead... can line up your apex where the skid marks are squids in ferrari's/vettes/spooked over their head riders.

· Registered
217 Posts
Always keep a spare key in your wallet. That way you'll never lose your main key.
Or you'll lose them both at the same time.
My wife and I carry spare keys/fobs for each other's bike. We learned that lesson in Key West. She had her key on a wrist band and somehow it dropped away. When she found out her key was gone, we simply stepped back and retraced our steps. Luckily, I looked down when a shiny object caught my eye almost covered by dirt right next to the curb...it was her key. We were lucky and taught us to carry spares. Another occasion, we stopped for lunch, and when she reached to shut her bike down, the key simply had slipped out of the cylinder on her bike, as well as the bike continuing to run. My spare got it turned off. Carrying zip ties (another must have) allowed me to use the spare and attach the zip tie thru the key and around the chassis tube. The key cylinder was replaced a few days later, with new keys issued.

281 - 300 of 311 Posts