Harley Davidson Forums banner
301 - 311 of 311 Posts

· Registered
13,614 Posts
There are lots of good accessable places to hide a spare key. I use black duct tape to a frame rail, I prefer under the seat.
Duct tape, hammer and some cussin can fix most anything

· Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
So, learned a good one yesterday, lol. I've been in the process of changing out my drive belt that picked up 2 rocks and imbedded them into the belt. Anyhow, I noticed them while trying to find a hole in the rear tire. Found a screw through the tire/tube, so new tire time. THEN I found the rocks in the belt! :mad: Nothing but money right! Well, it's been a lot of work on the bike during the last 2 weeks doing all that plus other stuff, and after all the work was done, it was time for a quick shake out spin to see if all was good. Just needed to top off the new tires before hitting the road. Everything was good to go, lowered the lift, fired the bike up, and started to yank it backwards to get the front tire out of the chock. 8 pulls later, no go!! I mean, I'm 5'-7" and 150 lbs., but not a pussy! I tried again and nothing! Then I busted up laughing, lol! I realized that when I topped off the new front tire, it swelled up inside the chock and I couldn't pull it out, lol! Popped it loose with a round pipe and all was good. Not weak, just slow!........... I hope someone else has done something like this too, lol! :LOL:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

· Registered
2,012 Posts
^^^Did something similar but maybe more stupid (no offense). Had the bike on the lift and all finished. Couldn’t get it to budge out of the chock, even got the wife out to help push. Then discovered the bike was in gear. Something at work we used to call an OMDA. Oh My Dumb Ass!

· Registered
13,614 Posts
^^^Did something similar but maybe more stupid (no offense). Had the bike on the lift and all finished. Couldn’t get it to budge out of the chock, even got the wife out to help push. Then discovered the bike was in gear. Something at work we used to call an OMDA. Oh My Dumb Ass!
Almost as funny starting in 1st. not pulling clutch lever in. Yeehaw moment!!!

PS: In front of friends

301 - 311 of 311 Posts