Harley Davidson Forums banner

Cool tips we've learned along the road........

51K views 310 replies 78 participants last post by  Thunder~Struck 
#1 ·
I was thinking the other day this might be a cool/informative thread. Kinda like a "Hints from Heloise", for bikers, (For those of us old enough to remember that...... if not, Google her, lol!).

I'll start it out with one that I was reminded of again recently from way back.......

"When approaching an unknown or unfamiliar curve in the twisties and there's a buttload of skid marks leading into it, SLOW THE EFF DOWN MAN! There's a good chance it's tighter then it looks!

#21 ·
I'll second that.

Reactions: Jimmers
#25 ·
If chewing gum wearing a full face helmet, lift visor before spitting out gum. Or spitting out anything else for that matter!

#30 ·
If your are ever following another bike, and he puts his turn signal (left or right) on, and there is a cage waiting to pull out of a side street (left or right), slow the EFF down!! The odds are the cager thinks you are riding together and that both of you are turning, and he will pull out as soon as the bike in front starts his turn. You are gonna T bone that cage if you haven't slowed down. This also pertains to a car making a left turn across your path. :crying

#31 ·
As a newer rider, with only a few thousand miles behind me;

1) After a rain the painted stripes on the road can be slick.

2) Try not to let your mind wander on a long stretch of highway.

3) Where your eyes go the bike will follow.

4) When someone mows their lawn and blows grass onto the street it can be slippery too.

5) Keep your head on a swivel.

#44 ·
If you are out on the highway and it starts to rain , and you pull under an overpass , pull the bikes as far forwards and as close to the barrier as possible (hazards on) , stand on the other side of the barrier away from the traffic...in case a distracted driver drifts from his lane and plows thru the sheltering bikers , only bikes get damaged.......and the driver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.