Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Ronjf66
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife calls me at work at 8:00am tells me the cops came by cuz a neighbor called them cuz I let my bike sit there and run and its to loud. I leave at 6:30am the bike is carburated. I let it run no longer than a minute no revving before I take off and do not race down the street. WTF!! Question is what would you do?? :feedback: Btw my bike is a 2001 Sportster 1200c. Pic of it on my profile.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
tell them to go fug themselves....

·
Ride Hard
802 Posts
I rather have a neighbor with loud pipes then a tool that has to call the cop.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would continue to do as I damn well pleased, don't let that stop u from riding in the morning. Cops may come by again but from my experience they will not do anything but make an appearance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,364 Posts
I like the lawn mower/grass cutting idea. 0630 may be early to some, but to others, it's the only time they can get any yard work done...just sayin'. Of course, telling the neighbor to take a flying kiss of your A$$ has some merit, too.

·
Super Moderator
4,291 Posts
Maybe try to make sure it isn't pointed at the jerks house. Show them how loud it is if you choke it and fire it up with the exhaust pointed at them and then tell them your only compromise will be to not point it that way, or start it at 2 outta spite.... I have jerk neighbors also.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
The next time you drive your bike that early in the morning, Rev you engine a whole bunch and take off from your house tearing through your neighborhood making as much noise as possible.......

The next morning be a quiet as you can be.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
First, explain to him that real men confront each other when there is an issue and don't run to the cops.

Second, if you have any desire to maintain the relationship, warm you bike up with the pipes pointed a different direction.

If you don't care about the relationship, fug him and keep doing what you are doing.

I do a lot of riding while my kids nap. To avoid waking them, ruining my ride and pissing off the wife, I often push Priscilla down the driveway and into the street before I start her.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
I assume you live where there are noise ordinances.

Read them carefully and without violating them, begin a psychological warfare campaign.

At the earliest time in the am, fire everything you own that makes noise up and let them rip.
Be sure to have a copy of the law present when the cops come back.

Let them explain to the neighbor that he rattled the wrong chain.

When (if) he comes over to bitch remove his teeth for trespassing.

This is precisely why I live where I do.

·
Registered
38,950 Posts
Poop in his front yard.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to do something to piss off the rest of the neighbors as well. Tearing out the neighborhood and reving the motor seems it would do just that. Then you'd be the a$$ hat, not him.

I wouldn't do anything at all. I'd ride when and where I wanted to. Unless your bike is illegally loud according to local sound ordinances, there isn't a whole lot that anyone can do about it.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
First, explain to him that real men confront each other when there is an issue and don't run to the cops.
. . .

I'd bet it was a woman.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts