Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dealer yesterday and made a mistake and sat on a Lowrider. It felt like it was set up perfectly for me. I've been considering another bike for some time now. This would be in addition to the Road Glide I have now. Mine is a great touring bike but that Lowrider sure would be nice for an every day rider. Talked about a trade involving my 1200C but I wasn't even close to being happy with the numbers discussed. Perhaps I'll sell outright and go back. It sure is a sweet bike.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,486 Posts
Low Rider is a fun bike to ride, and I have a few friends that have ridden them quite comfortably cross country. Hope things work out for you with the "numbers" and you can make a good deal.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got my new Low Rider in February and absolutely love it. I'm only
5'7" and so with the seat addition and Forward Controls with shorter shift lever (2" shorter) from another Dyna Model, my bike fits me perfectly. Now, for adding things to it to make it my own.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Swapped my Road King for a 2008 Low Rider for much the same reason - but I couldn't afford 2 bikes so the FXDL has to do everything. With a decent set of bags (Leatherpros) and rack it does too!
The MoCo touring seat was a vast improvement over the stock item and like the majority of owners I've fitted forward controls (on kick-back plates in my case 'cos I'm a half-pint) to relieve hip and knee pain after >2 hours in the saddle. Don't know if that's just an old-age thing but a lot of people seem to get that with FXDs.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
You are almost always better off selling the old bike instead of using it as a trade in. Dealers always have a way of working the numbers to their benefit.

·
Be alive!
131 Posts
I like my new 2014 FXDL ... I am just waiting the weather to be good and some new things to mount ... After 20 miles it is no regrats buy for me ... I hope that you find some good nubers with the seler ... :)))

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Texas Patriot
45 Posts
I've pretty much planned out my entire bike. Just have to come up with all the money and talk my wife into it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own FXDL MY2015 for 3 weeks (about 1000 miles of riding) and I love it absolutelly! :-D
But I have just small problem with it: sound. So I need to make some exhaust mods or new exhaust.... ;-)

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
I own FXDL MY2015 for 3 weeks (about 1000 miles of riding) and I love it absolutelly! :-D
But I have just small problem with it: sound. So I need to make some exhaust mods or new exhaust.... ;-)
That's one of the things that really bugs me about Harley...they are famous for the sound of their bikes...BUT...the factory exhaust makes the bikes sound like Hondas.

Go figure...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad to see you're riding it. I've got about 600 miles on my new low rider as well. I've had it for about 2 weeks +. Love it. I did change out to slip on Vance and hines, new air cleaner and fuelpak. Big difference in performance and sound .

Attachments

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
Glad to see you're riding it. I've got about 600 miles on my new low rider as well. I've had it for about 2 weeks +. Love it. I did change out to slip on Vance and hines, new air cleaner and fuelpak. Big difference in performance and sound .
I do like the way that looks! :thumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts