Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I store my motorcycle in a well maintained epoxy-finished cement floored garage that is just a little over a year old. We have two cars that are in and out through a long snowy season. Would a bag or tub of desiccant under the cover help ? Any other advice?

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
I store my motorcycle in a well maintained epoxy-finished cement floored garage that is just a little over a year old. We have two cars that are in and out through a long snowy season. Would a bag or tub of desiccant under the cover help ? Any other advice?
I have a bike lift I got from Harbor freight. I roll it under the bike and jack it up off the floor, then I roll the lifted bike against the wall. It keeps the tires off the floor and the bike out of the way. I'm not sure if desiccant would work..I do know not to eat it....:D I would recommend a dehumidifier if you're concerned about moisture. What I've found over the years is my bikes will kinda "fog up" at times. It used to drive me crazy but not so much anymore

Have you ever seen those Harley Bubbles? Gitcha one!

Food for thought

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Put it in a Harley Bubble.

·
Registered
40,797 Posts
I dont cover my bike when its in the garage. If you do cover it, make sure it is a breathable cover or else it will trap moisture under the cover.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Be sure to visit your bike and tell her how much you love her when the days are cold and the nights are even colder. Make sure the cover is an indoor (breathable) type cover if you choose to use one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts