Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What makes for a good cover? Material, layers? Who makes a quality cover? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Perhaps two. 1 for home that is heavy and 1 to put in my saddle bags that is light weight. I used to use one from Walmart. LT $20. It worked great, but you had to let your bike cool down first. Pretty thin.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I have a Walmart cover that was $20 or less, pretty good for the price, but it holds condensation in the garage. I use old sheets to cover bikes in the garage. And old throw rugs to cover the front fender, because my front fenders are magnets to anything that gets dropped.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
In the garage I use old towels. They don't hang all the way to the ground so there isn't any problem with condensation. Pull the towels off to ride and the bike has remained clean and dust free.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
I have a soft,light weight high quality, travel & garage cover I love !

It's actually a H--da :biking: cover made by Kimpex.:ducking

Excellent value.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I splurged and got the nice H-D cover with the soft inner liner (to reduce the chance of scratches). I let the bike cool down for about 1/2 hour before I put the cover on. My bike is kept outdoors under a lean-to, so I keep it covered up in order for it to remain in good condition.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
I was looking to get a decent cover and it seems that the nicer Harley covers are made by Dowco , good quality cover pretty pricey for HD branded versions , go figure.

I am leaning towards a Durashield , cotton liner , heat shield as not to melt on hot pipes, vented , pretty nice for the money .

Lined Motorcycle Cover Large. Save 50% Off Retail and Free Shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts