6,859 Posts
How old is the tire?

·
2,327 Posts
There are only 2 tires...If one blows the odds are against you. ASAP ! IMO

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Somewhere on the tire sidewall is the code for the date of manufacture of your tire . Unfortunately I have forgotten the procedure for finding out this information . Maybe someone on here can help with that .
New tires could lay stacked up in the sun for years at the warehouse before getting sold . Once you learn the code always try to buy the latest date of tire manufacture . No older than six months !
My stealership refused to work on or provide safety inspection sticker for my bike even though they had well over 3/4 tread remaining , but had cracks along the sidewalls .

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
I'd change that out ASAP. Just my .02

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
Change it.. Cheap insurance

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Well, like Dirty Harry says, "How about it, do you feel lucky?". It's hard enough to predict what can happen when you can't see what is going on inside your tire wall, when you can see something like that , it's a sign! Don't bother riding it till it's safe.
Bob

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
We won't put a NYS Motorcycle Inspection sticker on one that has a weather-checked tire.
Scott

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i honestly dont see why anyone would ask about replacing a bad tire-

i have guys ask me if they think a job they did will pass-

my reply- if you gotta ask fix it

·
Registered
803 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'd be changing that tire. I like my skin the way it is, and tires are a lot cheaper to replace.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts