Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last nite we here in far northern California experienced a 5.7 earthquake. Centered 20 miles from my house. It shook for about 20 seconds! Well my ultra classic was perched high above my craftsman mc lift. Soon after the shaking stopped o ran out to the garage and the my bike was still rockin. After I checked on the bike I checked on the family lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Priorities are in order. "5.7" a pretty good shake too !

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In all honesty the olady was right next to me while it was happening and my daughter was in the shower so I knew they where ok. I've lived here all my life and that was the biggest shakers since the 70s. We are in a rural area so not a lot of damage.a few rock fitreplaces fell down but that's about it. The same quake in the bayarea could have been a lot more damaging.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Says something for the Craftsman lift.

Speaking of Craftsman lifts what up with this.

"The Craftsman Motorcycle/ATV Jack has a 1,500 pound lifting capacity, so strong it'll easily handle small vehicles like dirt bikes, jet skis and ATVs. The fast-action foot pump and 3-position locking mechanism makes it easy to raise your vehicle to one of three heights, up to 16-1/2 inches high. You can easily change a tire or get underneath for a quick tune-up, and once you're done, you can lower the jack smoothly with the precision-controlled foot release."
1500#s and they say it will handle dirt bikes and jet skis. What's up with that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts