Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's advanced age or whatever but my right hand goes numb even on short rides.

I got the Crampbuster yesterday, and what a difference. Best $10 mod I ever got. It's supposed to be used on long rides but I'm keeping it on all the time. I highly recommend it.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I got one a few weeks back and really like it as well. And yes mine is on all the time as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ease up on your grip a tad. Elbows down and try to relax.

Glad the doo-dad is helping.
Thanks for the tip, but I tried everything. Agreed it's the gripping motion that causes the numbness, and not so much hand position. My hand seems to know when 30 miles hits because no matter what I do, it goes numb. The little piece of plastic allows you to almost totally release your grip and rest your hand.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got mine at the local Ridenow. Most MC stores have them. Just a tip you need to get the CB3 or CB4 for oversized grip. I got the 4.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
From my "Throttle Rocker" experience, they work best on all rubber grips. Mine have tiny nubs inside that grip the rubber. The T.R. doesn't work as well on grips that have more exposed metal. I did notice they have velcro models now, maybe for metal grips?

·
No Whining
139 Posts
I leave mine on all the time....just push it up over the top so its pointing down when not in use!

·
Banned
482 Posts
From my "Throttle Rocker" experience, they work best on all rubber grips. Mine have tiny nubs inside that grip the rubber. The T.R. doesn't work as well on grips that have more exposed metal. I did notice they have velcro models now, maybe for metal grips?
Hmmm. The velcro would probably keep you from flipping it up out of the way in bumper to bumper traffic though. Have to think on that. Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was using this last season, but I found that I ended up "jerking" the throttle more as a result of using it- less finesse in fine tuning the throttle, so I ended up removing it. Maybe if I end up taking some really long rides i'd consider using it again, but for now it's off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was using this last season, but I found that I ended up "jerking" the throttle more as a result of using it- less finesse in fine tuning the throttle, so I ended up removing it. Maybe if I end up taking some really long rides i'd consider using it again, but for now it's off.
It does take some getting used to, but now that I've had it for a couple of days, I've got it pretty much down to a science.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts