Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and I'm looking for some saddlebags.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,505 Posts
Maybe it would be appropriate, if you can find an old set?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I am looking at some from Cortech and Kuryakin. I don't care for leather saddlebags because of the buckles and cost. They have a nice set here that I am thinking of ordering in to the local Cycle Gear place. They love me at Cycle Gear because I am the only Harley guy that ever shows up. They even give me double the discount than my Harley dealer does.

Kuryaykn Saddle Bags

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Cyclegear dealership has all but gone total sportbike, except for a few token Harley things..
Mine doesn't even have the token items, but they have catalogs and I like to order stuff into them and then inspect it before I pay for it.

The kids there know next to nothing about Harleys but you can't blame them. Most Harley guys only buy from the dealer. I asked the kid for a Fatbook today and he said "We have a lot of fat books". So I called him a dumb ass and went behind the counter to find the Drag Spec catalog, I finally found it holding something up. The guys get a kick out of my berating whoever is helping me. One curly headed kid must be a masochist because he always rushes to help me. :D

It's funny though, the "regular" customers avoid me like I'm dangerous. ha ha ha...I'm too damn old to be dangerous to anyone but myself. :D

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Crap, I must be getting old....pas deux
:) and wiser. Ahhh yes, the balance between form and function begins to tilt towards function as the age odometer turns. Fortunately, I think there are options where form doesn't take to much of a hit when bags are fitted.

When I posted this Wide Glide pic I had all kinds of messages asking about the bags.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Actually I am looking at some from Cortech and Kuryakin. I don't care for leather saddlebags because of the buckles and cost. They have a nice set here that I am thinking of ordering in to the local Cycle Gear place. They love me at Cycle Gear because I am the only Harley guy that ever shows up. They even give me double the discount than my Harley dealer does.

Kuryaykn Saddle Bags

I have the cortech ones but have not installed them. They seem like good construction for the money but I need to road test them.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:) and wiser. Ahhh yes, the balance between form and function begins to tilt towards function as the age odometer turns. ]
Or just the odometer. I am wanting to ride further than I have for quite awhile and it is getting difficult to ride long distance with a heavy backpack on. Plus I want something to house a nice camera in now that I have gotten bitten again by the photography bug from Max's newest little internet crack offering.

I had a set on my 05 FXSTI and remember always being amazed at how handy they are. My wife says I am too image concious and let myself suffer due to some stupid old school set of rules.

Time to grow.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,505 Posts
Still got the windshield?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Or just the odometer. I am wanting to ride further than I have for quite awhile and it is getting difficult to ride long distance with a heavy backpack on. Plus I want something to house a nice camera in now that I have gotten bitten again by the photography bug from Max's newest little internet crack offering.

I had a set on my 05 FXSTI and remember always being amazed at how handy they are. My wife says I am too image concious and let myself suffer due to some stupid old school set of rules.

Time to grow.
Does that mean when Lux grows up he'll have bags & a windshield?

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those saddlebags are so damn handy. I have ridden the bike 6 times since I put them on and I have used the saddlebags 6 time. I like the windshield but I have a lot of work to do before I am happy with it. Maybe a BatWing like Danii

1 - 15 of 15 Posts