Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I decided that we simply live in a part of Utah that is waaaaayyy too conservative for us so we ran up to Salt Lake City to look at a neighborhood that is near the Unversity of Utah called the Sugarhouse district. We took the bike so we could just putt around and check things out. About 30 minutes into the ride I said out loud "That's it, I'm taking 'em off". My wife did not respond because she us kinda used to my almost Tourette like out-bursts.

So as it sits I have the pretty, shiny, expensive Rinehart 2:1 exhaust system removed and am preparing to put back on the nice, quiet stock exhaust system.

I hate this growing up shit.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,213 Posts
I hate this growing up shit
...preparing to put back on the nice, quiet stock exhaust system
There is just no accounting for taste. It shows up in the strangest places.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never noticed it before, but the stock FXDF exhaust has that weird third order or whatever it is called chamber like the stock VROD pipe did. I probably lost HP when I went aftermarket.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that proved the old idiom of making sure you have all the parts before starting a project. Apparently the HD tech did not return my muffler bracket when he changed out the pipes. The Rinehart is back on until I can get over and get this rectified.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts