Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40 yrs of riding and 1st time down. Hit hard lots of road rash and a broken leg. Guess it could have been worse. Have my new HD setting in the garage but looks like it will be a couple of months before I'll be riding again. Hit a large dog saw it coming and tried to miss it but didn't work one never knows so ride safe.

·
Banned
71 Posts
40 yrs of riding and 1st time down. Hit hard lots of road rash and a broken leg. Guess it could have been worse. Have my new HD setting in the garage but looks like it will be a couple of months before I'll be riding again. Hit a large dog saw it coming and tried to miss it but didn't work one never knows so ride safe.
Sorry that you crashed....Happy that you got a new bike.... Heal up and you will be enjoying the new bike soon enough . :thumb

·
American
28,712 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Barely missed a dog couple weeks ago myself on a charity ride, could have been very bad. Hope you heal soon.

·
Administrator
13,278 Posts
Heal up quick. glad it wasn't worse.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
Glad your okay, wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Glad you are ok. Feel bad about the dog.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
That's got to hurt. Bad. If you've been riding 40 years, you ain't no spring chicken, and that makes it worse. Take care of yourself. Yes, it could have been worse, but sorry it happened at all.

--

·
Lost in Space
6,859 Posts
Speedy recovery.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Get well soon and post pics of new bike.

·
luv the low country
20,338 Posts
Sorry about the accident and broken leg. But, you got a new scoot to look forward to, that takes some sting out of it.

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Good luck on a speedy recovery!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,967 Posts
My first time down hard other than on the track was from my meeting Rover on my old FatBoy. Messed the bike up pretty bad, and I had some major road rash, a couple of sutures in my right elbow, and a sprained ankle. Believe me, I look for anything on 4 legs now. Very sorry to hear about your accident, but also praying for your very quick and complete recovery.....and BTW, the final stage of that recovery is when you fire that bike up and head on down the highway once again.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
Glad you're, for the most part, ok and nothing too serious. Heal up fast and get on that new bike!!!

-Rohan

·
Registered
191 Posts
Get Well Soon

·
Try'n to behave
6,280 Posts
Well that sucks!...the accident that is, the new bike is pretty sweet.

Hope everything heals up fast.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
hope you heal fast

·
Registered
923 Posts
Don't most states have leash laws? People that violate them put us at risk:soapbox Sorry I vented.
Sorry to hear you got banged up and really glad it wasn't worse for you. I'm also sorry you lost your old bike. New ones are nice (I know) But I have yet to meet someone who didn't love their old one. Heal quick, great riding weather is upon us!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts