Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! I thought I'd take the time to introduce myself to the forum while I'm getting started reading all about my new bike. The wife and I just picked up a '14 Ultra Classic on Saturday. I'll be done with break-in on the way home today and am looking forward to my first group ride on the new bike this weekend.

The name? We like to do pirate reenactments, ren faires, costumes, etc. New Orleans is a great place to be an adult sized kid, and we take as much advantage of the culture as time permits. Truthfully, I'm a shore bound beach bum, with Jimmy B shirts in abundance, but I love my city even without a sandy shore.

So, the scoot- no real modifications yet, but they're coming. I'm changing the stock shield out for a 7" windsplitter this weekend and adding a power port for the wife. Slip-ons and hwy pegs are on order, those will get mounted at the first service (scheduling that on Saturday). I've been reading and talking, though, and it looks like the next big mod will have to be the exhaust system/air filter/tuner setup; this thing runs so hot my butt is sweating by mile 15! I'll be reading up on it on the forum, and I'm hoping the heat reduction is worth the expense.

In keeping with the pirate life, I'm going to get hooked up on some slick Willie G accessories, but first things first, get rid of those stock pipes and cool this baby down.

Loving this bike, it's smooth, the radio sounds great, plenty of room for the wife's stuff in all of the trunks. Plus, how did I ever live without cruise control? :)

Pictures of the bike and the wife and I below.

Us with the salesgirl, Alicia.

The new ride.

My babies.

The wife and I at Faire last year.

More ride and "ride" pictures to come, gotta clean "Katrina" up for the weekend's jaunt and I'll get some pics with the shield in place.

Looking forward to meeting and talking with you folks!

Robby

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,519 Posts
OK, what part of NO are you living? I'm originally from Algiers....40 years worth of that place before moving here in Mississippi.
Was just thinking about no sand in the city. Did they do away with the old beach at Ponchatrain Beach at the end of Elysian Fields? How about the really old beach down Haynes at the old Lincoln Beach? Seems I remember some sand there years ago.
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually moved to the northshore about 6 years ago when I met my wife. I grew up in Port Sulphur, which is down the Mississippi River a little bit from NOLA on the Westbank. Then spent about 10 years in Gretna/Metairie while doing various jobs and such.

The wife grew up in Algiers, on Norland, and went to Aurora Gardens until 8th grade.

Not much sand left after Katrina, although you can find a little on the northshore of the lake. I tend to get my fix on the Emerald Coast as often as possible. Thunder Beach is coming up, Panama City Beach!

·
Registered
730 Posts
A nice introduction. Welcome, you should have a ball here. I am from Western North Carolina, but I spent the 80's working on oil rigs in the gulf. I lived in Baton Rouge, Lafayette and Grand Coteau while I was there. Still miss all the humidity and giant skeeters, lol. Really really miss the mild winters. Have a good time here on this forum, lots of laughs to be had.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A nice introduction. Welcome, you should have a ball here. I am from Western North Carolina, but I spent the 80's working on oil rigs in the gulf. I lived in Baton Rouge, Lafayette and Grand Coteau while I was there. Still miss all the humidity and giant skeeters, lol. Really really miss the mild winters. Have a good time here on this forum, lots of laughs to be had.
Thanks, D! Mild winters are great for riders, I've not yet had to put a bike on a trickle charger since I got back into riding, ha ha ha.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire…Nice intro !!!

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Welcome from Houston.

·
luv the low country
19,252 Posts
Welcome from the Carolina flatlands, Conway, SC.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Welcome from SW Oklahoma! Your gonna love it here...

I used to run Louisiana all the time. Loved it down there. Great groceries too!! Oh, the women folk are really friendly down there, well, till ya piss em off.... Not that I know...

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
Great intro. I was stationed on the West Bank from 2000-2006. I do miss riding and partying down in that area, even met my wife there. Been meaning to make it back down that way for the jazz or voodoo festivals. Nice sled, welcome to the forum.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Welcome aboard from Baton Rouge, haarrghh!

Liz's Where Yat Diner in Mandeville is a regular stop for me on my frequent North Shore day cruise routes. Very friendly, happy little place with great food.

Great bike for good times!

--

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome from Kansas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts