Harley Davidson Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh I see now, you aren't the OP. You have a RK !
Yea, I saw this thread and remembered how easy it is to check everything on my FJR and started looking for ways to do the same on the RK.
I'd buy one of those tools in the link but I can't find anything on the web about them except propaganda from their company. Perhaps I'm searching the wrong words or something.
You know what they say about things that seem too good to be true.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had something similar happen on my '07 Road King, except it was back brake only. The pressure sensor switch that activates the lights went bad and the brake lights were not coming on and the cruise would not disengage when applying the rear brake. I too had a semi close call on an interstate...which is how I found out about it. I changed the pressure switch and haven't had a problem since.

another thing to look at is your brake fluid level; it might be affecting the disengagement.

Something else you could have done is just shut of the cruise with the switch on the bars.

BTW, where you live, doesn't merging traffic have to yield to traffic already in a lane? Those cars should have adjusted their speed to merge safely. I know you don't want to die for your right of way, but it seems people now think you are required to let them over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had something similar happen on my '07 Road King, except it was back brake only. The pressure sensor switch that activates the lights went bad and the brake lights were not coming on and the cruise would not disengage when applying the rear brake. I too had a semi close call on an interstate...which is how I found out about it. I changed the pressure switch and haven't had a problem since.

another thing to look at is your brake fluid level; it might be affecting the disengagement.

Something else you could have done is just shut of the cruise with the switch on the bars.

BTW, where you live, doesn't merging traffic have to yield to traffic already in a lane? Those cars should have adjusted their speed to merge safely. I know you don't want to die for your right of way, but it seems people now think you are required to let them over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
4000 lb car versus 1,000 lb bike right of way has nothing to do with it.
Assume you are invisible because you are too many drivers hence the headlights on feature.
Very scary prospect. Does backing off on the throttle always work?

·
Registered
1997 FLSTC Soft Tail Heritage Deluxe
192 Posts
The only thing that seems to be a guaranteed solution to the issue is - "don't use it".

Personally, I have never used cruise control on any vehicle. I have very little trust in computers and much prefer to have control over what I am riding.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts