Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
2007 is an odd ball year for cruise control. 2006 has throttle cables and uses a control module, and 2008 has fly by wire throttle that goes through the ECM so it does not have a module. You will have to look at your service manual to know for sure, but I think 2007 models still have throttle cables which means it most likely still has the cruise module.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Copied from my other post:

It would be VERY time, labor and money consuming to use the 2008 kit for the 2007. I can't say impossible, but certainly not practical. I never say never on a Harley. A determined and skillful guy can make just about anything work. But, it would be a significant task.

In 2008, MoCo completely changed the how the throttle system works. They went to a throttle by wire system. The throttle cables where eliminated and an electric butterfly control was added to the throttle body. The 2008 kit is all electronic. There's no moving parts in it at all.

I do not believe that you could mount that butterfly control system to a 2007 tb, but even if you could, you'd likely have to replace the ECM (or at least significantly re-program it) to account for the different fuel control system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts