Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from talking with the reps from Kuryakin @ Street Vibrations, I am looking at changing the stock exhaust on my 03 RK. They were talking about their Crusher True Dual, a Hypercharger and the V&H fuel pack. I was led to believe I would gain approx. 15 hp and 40lbs torque. Are these #'s in line or are they just shooting me a line? Has anybody done these mods to an 03 RK and if so how does it perform? Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would say "bend over" getting that from a stock 88tc I do not think so. But on the other hand have them show you the dyno sheets on a comparable bike.

Just got back from talking with the reps from Kuryakin @ Street Vibrations, I am looking at changing the stock exhaust on my 03 RK. They were talking about their Crusher True Dual, a Hypercharger and the V&H fuel pack. I was led to believe I would gain approx. 15 hp and 40lbs torque. Are these #'s in line or are they just shooting me a line? Has anybody done these mods to an 03 RK and if so how does it perform? Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
40,713 Posts
I don't put much faith in Kuryakin when it comes to performance parts.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
Wow that's better than the $8,000 I was going to spend on a turbo.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I bet you could get that much more power by adding a small boat engine to one of your saddle bags. That's about it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after reading your posts and doing more research, I have narrowed my field to either the Supertrapp 2:1, or the V&H 2:2 headers with a set of Supertrapp slip-ons. Obviously I need to do more research and of course have my better half buy into the possibility of a single exhuast instead of dual.
If you have any comments on my current direction please feel free to enlighten me.
Yes I will be upgrading the breather and of course the EFI.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Well, I don't know if they make them for barges, I mean baggers, but the most reliable exhaust to pretty much ensure top performance is the Thunderheader. Like I said, I don't know if they make them for the RK though.

What you are doing is paying what's called "The Harley Tax"- Free flowing exhaust, free flowing intake, richen up the whole damn mess. If you haven't done this yet then you are going to be pleasantly surprised with the results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts