Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm Scott with HardShell Powdercoat & Design and would be happy to help with any of your Powder Coating needs. I work with individuals as well as companies such as MPI Choppers & Polaris/Rath Racing here in Hutchinson.

Feel free to check out my website www.hardshellpc.com more updates will be coming soon. No job too big (8'x8'x20' oven) or small.

Keep the rubber side down!
Scott
320-234-9600

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
SilverVein is a textured powder, it's supposed to look like that (for those that don't know). My glosses especially wet black I have been told look better than professional paint. Look at the wheel on the top post.

Thanks,
Scott

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
hey I have a question for you I sent it in a pm so please get back with me ???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update, Currently working with MPI Choppers, Hutchinson, MN & Street Is Neat (Oslo {Grand Forks}, MN). Thanks for the inquiry, great shops run by some good guys Mike & Matt respectively. Also shot parts for a certain American concept motorcycle which I cannot discuss but it's been in all the mags!

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
nice!!! I still have some stuff I wanna send you once things calm down around the shop and what not...

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
what do you do on the edges and sharper corner on the powder coat cause that is where they always start to peel cause of the the edges and corners the powder coat is at its thinest point and that is where itll delaminate and also what is your UV protection rating?I have seen a lot of powder coat turn chalky over time...Also can you blend a panel to fix a defect or wetsand and buff.Im sure you cant blend panels you would have to recoat the whole piece correct?..Thanks for you info in advance......D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The higher the gloss, the more pullback or picture-framing you get. If you coat something high gloss 90%+ and leave it outdoors or chip the corners if can be vulnerable to rust. None of my customers here in the midwest have had that problem, it could be if you are on a coast.

The chalking you see is when someone (aka Chinese bottom basement powder coaters for industry) use Epoxy coatings. Typical Polyester and Urethane powders are 2H hardness. They may be looking for more damage resistance since Epoxy can be as hard as 5H hardness, however it cannot be in UV light or it chalks.

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
As well but..cant compare to urethane paints ,urethane paints harden by catylist which if you submerge it in water it still hardens and hold uv protection and you can blend it with out having to do a complete panel or part....but Ive ony been painting since I was 15 so added up now that 28yrs experiance but what do I know.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
As well but..cant compare to urethane paints ,urethane paints harden by catylist which if you submerge it in water it still hardens and hold uv protection and you can blend it with out having to do a complete panel or part....but Ive ony been painting since I was 15 so added up now that 28yrs experiance but what do I know.
you know that you're a big ole softy with a gooey center:rofl::rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts