Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new CVO has a tire pressure monitor system....great right?...well...

It dipped in temp the last few nights and when I went to ride couple weeks ago the light was on. Checked the pressure and sure enough the pressure was down a little..makes sense. But it won't go out, and when I went to dealer to ask he said I have to adjust the pressure EVERY time even if it is to add one pound to re-set the system to have light go out. That means every time over the next few months or just stare at light.

Anyone else hear about this or have same "issue".

·
Old Skool
589 Posts
How far did you ride it after inflating the tire? May take 15-20 miles to reset the TPMS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far did you ride it after inflating the tire? May take 15-20 miles to reset the TPMS.
it only dipped under by 1 pound according to the system...(39 on the back), but once I started riding it went over because of the friction of course. But the light stays on. that's the problem. Even it goes back up, because it went under for a sec, I have to stop and put a pound in it or let some out and then put it back in just to have light go out. This is something that could happen everyday basically for the next 3-4 months.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Turn the tunes up and you can't hear that light.

Reactions: Ddaddyo

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I have TPM on both of my cars. It takes a while for them to reset.

Reactions: Thunder~Struck

·
Registered
12,779 Posts
Add few extra pounds fool the system. Not going to hurt anything. May improve handling a bit.

·
avoider of idiots
6,585 Posts
for my bikes, i wouldnt mind having aftermarket tpms, where you use your smartphone to check the pressures. but, ive seen them from the factory on cars, and that warning light or message is just annoying. on a car or truck, if factory installed, they cant be removed under penalty of the law.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,779 Posts
Warning light or message is just annoying. on a car or truck, if factory installed, they cant be removed under penalty of the law.
Back in day it was called "IDIOT LIGHT". Now its " BIG BROTHER IDIOT LIGHT " :frown

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Like said, "overfill the tires a few pounds" it won't affect a thing. Cycle tires are smaller than car and truck tires so the TPMS is more sensitive. Example; my car TPMS alerts me when a tire is 4# low, then I have to air the tire and use my OBDII to reset the light. The MoCo sells a small code reader that can be used to clear those codes, last I saw they were about a hundred buck$.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good to know Im not gonna get TPS with warning light, I want 1 that shows tire pressure or if it has light it goes out when pressure is up again LOL!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new CVO has a tire pressure monitor system....great right?...well...

It dipped in temp the last few nights and when I went to ride couple weeks ago the light was on. Checked the pressure and sure enough the pressure was down a little..makes sense. But it won't go out, and when I went to dealer to ask he said I have to adjust the pressure EVERY time even if it is to add one pound to re-set the system to have light go out. That means every time over the next few months or just stare at light.

Anyone else hear about this or have same "issue".
I have a 19 SG CVO and always see to have issues when the weather get cooler and all seems to be the back tire is the issue. What seems to work is making sure the front and rear are the same to get the indicator to turn off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts