Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well GEICO decided I have been with them long enough and they jacked up my rates because "rates went up as a state in Texas". Got a dairyland quote through AAA. Any opinions? It would be dairyland on the HD and AAA on everything else

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vile Deplorable
1,441 Posts
I had them years ago and they were fine when I totaled my bike. Can't remember the exact details since I have CRS, but I remember a fast settlement.

·
Registered
11,916 Posts
Well GEICO decided I have been with them long enough and they jacked up my rates because "rates went up as a state in Texas". Got a dairyland quote through AAA. Any opinions? It would be dairyland on the HD and AAA on everything else

I had Dairyland for one day. To explain: No bike for many years, got one in '09. Called State Farm to insure as we had SF for everything else. Got the SF bill and it looked high, called Geico and they were about 1/2 of SF so switched to Geico. Later in year truck insurance came due with SF, called Geico and they were a bit lower so switched truck to Geico also. Couple of years later Geico pissed me off (long story) so I called Dairyland and they were just a few bucks cheaper than Geico so I switched to Dairyland. But...., when I talked to Dairyland about cage insurance I found out they ONLY write "high risk" coverage for cages meaning LOW coverage amounts and VERY HIGH premiums. Couldn't do that. Checked again with SF and now SF is competitive so went back to SF and since we again have all insurance with SF the "bundling" is worthwhile. And they suggested lowering my liability coverages cause our umbrella policy will pick up if we topped out on auto/bike liability amounts.

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Try Country Companies if it is available in your state very competitive rates I have had them for 30+ years, my 24 yr. old son just got them for his cage and it was 1/3 less than state farm or geico.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Dairyland is the last resort for chitty riders/drivers.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
I have a great driving record and they are quoting me a great price. I know their car policies are for high risk but the motorcycle is not

Maybe I'm dating myself. When I was in the military I had a bad driving record and Dairyland was the only underwriter that would touch me....and it wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had Dairyland for a couple of years on our bikes. Originally had Progressive coverage but their price on bikes was way too high. After much research I switched to Dairyland and have been very pleased. We've made 3 claims, 2 within weeks of each other, and had great experiences every time. Quick adjuster inspection and payout. No quibbles, no problems. In fact the claims agent found coverage for things I had forgotten about, like trip interruption expenses. Will highly recommend them to anyone.

·
Former Lurker
3,733 Posts
I have had State Farm since I was 16 for cars and bikes. Beat HD, Geico and Progessive on pricing...
Wife had a parking lot light pole try to commit suicide by jumping in front of her and then a ticket for running a red light downtown all in 6 months and they did not jack or drop us... She had a few tough months...

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I had Dairyland back in the early '80s when I was 18 or 19, drove a Corvette, and had several tickets on my record. The only thing I remember was the insurance cost more than my car payment.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I recently switched from Progressive to Geico. Progressive jacked my rate 20% so I went shopping. My bill now is less than I was paying previously.

One thing I have learned about any type of auto insurance is it pays to shop around every couple/few years.

I have Erie for all my other insurance. They quoted me double what Progressive was. They just don't like bikes period.

One thing to keep in mind is the service you get when you actually need the insurance. I've had several car insurance companies over the years, and I have had decent service from all of them except for one. Allstate. Never again will they ever see another dime of mine.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I recently switched from Progressive to Geico. Progressive jacked my rate 20% so I went shopping. My bill now is less than I was paying previously.

One thing I have learned about any type of auto insurance is it pays to shop around every couple/few years.

I have Erie for all my other insurance. They quoted me double what Progressive was. They just don't like bikes period.

One thing to keep in mind is the service you get when you actually need the insurance. I've had several car insurance companies over the years, and I have had decent service from all of them except for one. Allstate. Never again will they ever see another dime of mine.
I agree. Allstate has not treated me well either.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Dairyland is 50% of what I was paying Nationwide. I am good with that

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
I attempt to swap insurance companies every year, but my rates with Farm Bureau of Mo keep dropping, the only vehicle that seems high is the wife's Rebel which costs as much for liability as full coverage on my truck, but I've tried and switching will be more expensive overall...

Did use dairyland when I was in the service, only paid insurance 9 months of the year, covered for 12 because they assumed you didn't ride in the winter. It was cheap to.

·
Former Lurker
3,733 Posts

I had Allstate for a Lake cabin in SC. They made me carry a large $ figure on the property and then when it was damaged by water they tried to pay pennies on the dollar...
Attorney said they had a rep for delaying and playing games for years and we should just go with it.
THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER DIME FROM ME EITHER...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts